FOSS milling toolchain: freecad gbrl on ramps - tutorial

UPDATE:

Please find the tutorial (as decided toegther with Ryan) now on githup pages

Please do not post here, but in the related discussion thread.

xScreenshot_20190512_123422.png

2 Likes

xgrbl.png

ok, guys, lost another post.

This forum sucks!

I’ll be thinking about posting this tutorial elsewhere and adding just a link here. This is so frustrating :frowning:

You keep making posts full of external links and then editing them several times in a few minutes. This is going to get flagged as spam anywhere.

Doing a proper write up somewhere would be great, then it can be linked from the instructions and you have full control.

I tried both, at first write it down and lost it several times.

Then I thought submit and edit, but recognized that a small edit can lead to all the previously well saved content unrecoverable gone.

Ok, I’ll write that up on e.g. github pages and provide a link - this is OK for you (to refer to ‘MPCNC’ in the text)?

Perfect.

I am not seeing any of your posts in the spam (holding for approval) folder so this is something new.

I took my time to write up everything again on githup pages

Please do not post here, but in the related discussion thread (which is kept in THIS forum).

Was a bit tricky to get it to work - although it’s easy once understood.

The big advantage is that

• I don't mess up Ryans forum anymore
  • In principle everybody with a github account could contribute
  • It will stay there fork/editable forever by the mpcnc community

I don’t know. I had e.g. massive problems in using the reference @ to Pablo. Once I inserted, submitted, the post was gone. I’m now quite happy with the solution to use github pages & discussion here.

What do you think?

1 Like