MRambo - Motors not moving / Buzzing

Hey guys

Just finished the build and wiring, and started up Repetier-Host

But my motors are not moving much (small twitches), but most of all just makes a lot of noises.
Wired them in series, but my Z is doing the same so don’t think it’s the series plug I did wrong.

Fairly sure my motors are wired correctly (AABB - Red,Blue | Green,Black)
I’m using the following:
Nema 17 - 17HS19-2004S1
Mini Rambo 1.3
MPCNC_MRambo_T8_16T_LCD (No LCD tho, need to setup OctoPi)

Tried pretty much everything I could come up with. Changing wires, reordering wires, all stepper connectors on the Rambo board act the same way.

Pretty lost what the problem could be, any ideas?
Uploaded videos and pictures here: (files where too big)
http://imgur.com/a/tnnSfR8

What firmware and how are you trying to move them?

What happens with repetier or my Crown Gcode?

Using Marlin - MPCNC_MRambo_T8_16T_LCD
And I’m moving them with Repetier-Host.
In the bottom of the link, there is a video of what happens when I try to move them from Repetier (Not much happens)

If you have the correct firmware on there the most likely issue is wiring. Do all your tests with the Z axis to bypass the series stuff.

Color means nothing, test for pairs by shorting a set you think is a pair and trying to turn the stepper. If it turns it is not a pair.

Wait, if you bought a knock off they do not work.This is exactly what happens. I think someone figured out what causes it but I can’t remember.

I have done all the test, and the pairs are correct :slight_smile: Both with a multimeter and the shorting technic.

And I’m pretty sure this is not a knock off, the build quality is excellent. Better than any RAMPS, MKS or SKR board I have ever seen.

Did you buy it from me or Ultimachine, or some other reputable store?

I see no serial number, unless that is there it is definitely a knock off.

You are correct… Damn

Nothing to do then buy another board then?

I am not sure what is up with those boards, I would search around. I remember Bill mentioning a wiring issue, like they did not get the pairs correct on the board, so If I were you I would swap around the wires to the steppers. Then I would verify, using the test points, the actual current to the steppers to make sure the digi pots are okay.

I am not sure the cause of the issue, but I know they all do this and no one has ever told me if they fixed it or not.

The knock off are the same price on aliexpress as a genuine from me, did you find one cheaper?

I ordered this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Rambo-1-3a-mainboard-for-Prusa-i3-MK2-3d-printer-designed-by-Ultimachine/32831259988.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4drGRgke

For 44$ on sale

I’ll try to mess around with all the wires again… :slight_smile:

Hi,

I had a simular problem using a ramps on a megaduino, I could move X, Y, Z a few times and after that motors start buzzing, when I removed power I could do it again a few times. First I tought electronics or cabling but in my case the 12V power adapter I used to start with was the cause, (maybe not enough amps) when used a ordinary PC power suplly and eveythings goes fine now.

Be sure to try that before bying spare parts.

Tested the voltage, both at the power supply and at the board. Seems good.
The PSU is rated for 17A, so should be plenty :slight_smile: