1/3 scale arcade cabinet progress

Not sure where to put this, its not done yet, so not going to put it in stuff I’ve made, and I don’t want to highjack the CNC contest - 20 prices, ranging from 500 to 50 USD post any more. Making progress on the modeling, getting into the details of components and how things are actually mounted. Trying to keep it going so I can actually enter it into the Instructable contest. Gotta love fusion 360, I’m finally feeling like I can manipulate it the way I want to get results.

6 Likes

Last of the progress from tonight. Mostly internal electronics and mounting solutions left to model.

2 Likes

That looks really good. You could have stuck it in the ‘things you’ve made’ category. I have lots of half-finished projects there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I moved it. Just to encourage you to finish :smiley:

What size screen is in a 1/3 arcade? Or how tall is it? This sits on a table, and you stand up to play, is that about right?

Those renders are very slick.

1 Like

Dimensions are approximately 21" tall, 10" deep, and 10 1/2" wide. The screen I have is an 8" 4:3 LCD. I know I’m not staying true to any specific arcade cabinet, but picking and choosing details that I find attractive. I have a functioning one that I rigged together about a year ago, I’ll be cannibalizing that for this revision.

6 Likes

That is really cool. Looks like you need to build in a cubby for the wireless kb/mouse.

It’s like having an arcade, without the footprint. That seems great.

Making progress.

6 Likes

More progress, pretty much just need to finish the control panel and paint it.

Used the lowrider to trace the drill pattern and bend lines onto the sheet metal.

4 Likes

Time to wire it up for a test run!

5 Likes

It works!
Having some control issues but I probably should just make a fresh install to resolve that.

4 Likes

Now it’s going to be difficult to disassemble it to finish it.

Captain Marvel approves

4 Likes

Letting paint dry, but pretty much complete.

10 Likes

Putting together a kit for my brother in Hawaii. All
cabinet panels fit into a usps flat rate large game box and the electronics and formed metal control panel fit into a medium flat rate box.

4 Likes

You sir, are one step away from a growing business. The fact that they fit in those boxes is a big advantage. Just ask Ryan.

2 Likes

Now to just make ikea esque assembly instructions.

1 Like

1 Like

On second thought… Well maybe I can train my four year old to handle customer support.

3 Likes

On second thought… Well maybe I can train my four year old to handle customer support.

My guess is he’d be better at it than most TS people I’ve worked with… “Is the power cord plugged in?”

1 Like