I want to share my project with all of you.
There are still a lot of improvements to make but the first results are there.
First printing all the parts (I have changed several but this was my start)
Building it up:
The laser came
My kitchen was not big enough for the laser setup
Testing it with a laserpointer if the mirrors are in the right position.
First dry run Laserpointer (movie)
Mirrors looking good.
Testing the tube:
Put the laser in position and tested the laser with the mirrors.
Testing the laserpoint with lens (movie)
Testing the laser on wood (movie) first computer run and to high power, haha!
Getting better with the program, laser power using InkScape
But img2gcode is not going well for now.
Doing some calibrations.
Testing the laser power.
If you look closely you see it is not a clear line. The end of the laserhead is still a bit moving. I decided to make a new laserhead mount. I will remove the Z-axis with this fixed block. In the near future I’m going to make a Z-axis moveable table.
I will update this post when I got more information.