16T GT2 10mm Pulley

Has anybody ran into the issue where the pulley doesn’t fit on the stepper motor. I’ve backed out the screws completely and it doesn’t fit. I thought about hammering it on, but I feel that’s a bad idea. Filing down the inside? or just go ahead and buy an extra one for a few bucks? The other ones fit nicely, its just this one is being a pain.

Respectfully,
Josh

Make sure there is not a bur near the grub screw hole, other than that you can probably tap it on and be okay. The only way it should not fit would be drastic, 3mm or 6 mm hole

1 Like

Thank you, I do see a spur. I’ll tap it on there gracefully!

Respectfully,
Josh

Well I can’t tell for sure by the hand but if you are AvE you better take it easy with the tappy tap tap…

J/k always scared of people’s version of gracefully.

Be very gentle tapping on the stepper shaft. The motor bearings aren’t really designed for axial shocks. I’d recommend pressing on with a C-clamp.

I had this issue with the leadscrew couplers. Just put a screw in on one of the side holes (2 turns or so) just so that it is not getting in the way for some holding grip. Than take it to the drill press if you have one. Dril them out to fit with a proper drill.