25 set order

Knocking them out. The first seven boards in about four hours.

5 Likes

I never would have thought this business would have been so easy to start.

2 Likes

Congrats!
What does the final product look like?

15 sets will be like this and 10 sets will be stained after the boards are done.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Those look great! And I see you are wearing the proper footwear, nearly matching my Birkenstocks. :smiley:

My favourite question: How much do they pay you? :smiley: I am really bad at asking for money.

2 Likes

I’m charging $90 per set (board and four coasters)

2 Likes

1 Like

I will make $2250 on these 25 sets and $2000 after overhead.

4 Likes

That comes out to about $108 an hour last night. Nine boards in five hours.

5 Likes

Well I think I need to start using the machines instead of selling them!! Nice work.

7 Likes

Lol thank you it’s working out better than I was expecting

1 Like

Never under cut yourself if your products look good people will pay for them.

Thanks, that’s quite a lot of money. Might really consider offering some things. :slight_smile:

Yes but you have to know your numbers I can get four charcuterie boards out of one 2’x4’ premium pine board from lowes 3/4” thick that’s $23-$27 per board, coasters are made out of luan 1/8” thick I can make around 200 coasters out of one sheet then I’m putting cork on the bottom. It works out to around 90% profit margin.

Your product line will be different obviously but knowing the numbers let’s you know what you have to do to maximize your profit.

It cost me $600 to build my MPCNC and the table so I have made that money back in about two months plus alot

1 Like

If you can get in touch with some custom furniture companies that build custom tables and stuff where they would have a lot of scraps that you could get you could eliminate that overhead and just have time in it. I have alot of a scraps just not alot of time to cut and glue them up.

1 Like

Thanks for all the tips! I don’t have too much time at the moment. I made 50€ with the planets and the rocket. The planets sucked to make, the rocket will be sold a few more times I guess. :slight_smile:

Your welcome, I built my machine with the intention to make money with it but I wasn’t expecting it to take off this fast.