25mm parts with 25.4mm (1 Inch) Tubes

Hello All,

I am building MPCNC and need advice from all of the experienced guys.

I bought some 1 Inch dia. stainless steel tubes with below lengths,
900mm for X
600mm for Y
280mm for Z
80mm for Legs

I started printing with “J_Roller” part & once one part was printed, I installed bearings to it & tried sliding one SS tube. But the tube is little wobbly lengthwise in this assembly.
Then I printed “F Roller” part & installed bearings. Now the SS tube is sliding snugly, without wobble sideways. It is not tight though.

My tube size varies from 25.2mm to 25.5mm.

Is it ok if I go ahead with the F Type (25mm) printed parts for 25.4mm tubes?
Or tubes will not wobble if I install total assembly & support tubes fully?

Sorry to say but I have printed more than half of the parts for 25mm (F Type)

I think J would work out better than F. But some parts matter more than others. Mixing and matching is not a good idea but in some combinations its possible. For the corners you can basically use whichever fits better and it wouldn’t matter which one or whether it is consistent with the rest.

The rollers should be all four F or all J. If they are loose you can try tightening the two bolts that go through the end plate and the bearings that the belts ride on. Tighten just until the play is gone and no more.

The center assembly and Z axis must be all J or all F, but you could get away with center assembly J and rollers F or vice versa. Like with the rollers, the center assembly has bolts that can be overtightened to accommodate slight undersize. But if the tubes are too big (by up to 0.5 mm) then there is more of a chance that it could bind or crack.

Thank you for the reply.
I will go ahead with all F parts for 25.4mm tubes. Once I get all purchase parts & assembly this, I will post updates.

With F parts I can always make bearing bolt holes large, if its too tight. Am I right?

I’m not sure how well that would work. Maybe, maybe not, because the design is an integrated whole. For the rollers you might get away with it but the center assembly could be risky.

Depending whether time or money is more valuable you could consider buying 25mm tubes as an alternative to reprinting J parts.

I would be surprised if the rollers were loose but not the center. My 1 inch tubes turned out to be 0.98", much closer to 25mm than 25.4. I printed F rollers and they fit great. Would have done the center as well, since I think that’s where the rest of my chatter is coming from, but I’m waiting for primo so I can just print the whole thing.

I am waiting for the bearings & hardware’s. I had some 608 laying around so quick checked one of the J type & F type roller for tube fitting. Will update once I get the all other components & start assembling.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Hello All,
Finally I assembled my MPCNC & done with all the electronics. I started with the crown test & flow was not very good. Pen is getting slow at some places. I am using Marlin firmware from v1engineering. (Is my Rumba board slow?) My Rumba board can not process it fast?