2RS bearings in MPCNC kit

@vicious1. I’m stepping out of the shadows after lurking for a week or so to get some specific information on the bearings included with your kit. As you know, not all 2RS bearings are created equal, and I have not been able to find a detailed description of the bearings you offer.

Do they have a full contact lip seal against the inner race?

Even high quality 2RS bearings vary in this feature, with some intentionally produced with a small gap to the inner race, similar to a ZZ bearing. I’m looking for bearings with a 360 degree full contact seal to maximize service interval on the bearings.

BTW, I’m impressed with your work here, and your commitment to your customers. The information I have picked up makes me want to source parts from you even if I could find a better price for equivalent quality. Thanks for what you do.

I ordered 100 bearings - twice - from aliexpress, before ordering from Ryan. Ryan’s are fully closed, and roll very smooth.

Yeah, ordering bulk chinesium bearings isn’t as helpful when only 20-30% are usable (and maybe another 20% are serviceable after serious maintenance).

I actually got one of the (already cheap) orders reduced to half price, because the gap between the shield and the steel ring was veeryy obvious and easy to take photo off. It was impossible to distinguish in the product photos. The critical parts are safest sourced from Ryan. (unless you pay for industrial grade products, that costs 10 times the price).

Was your kit purchase fairly recent?
I intend to get the bearings from Ryan if he is currently shipping fully sealed parts. I’m sure he will chime in soon.

Did never get the kit, my plan was to spread out the orders to avoid as much tax and VAT. (The limit is about 35usd here in Norway) I’ve regretted that decision many times, and I think it cost me more in the end! Ryan’s worth supporting as well, both his prices and technical approval are good. I got the bearings from him in August.

Not sure what you are looking for, I do not have certified bearings at this price. They are the best I could find without paying too much. They have very little load and there is no pressure to force debris into the seals. I feel like you are severely overthinking this. They are probably 50x over spec’d in every way.

Are there are any visible gaps between the seal and inner race? I’m not worried about loads, and there are lots of comments on this forum confirming you supply smooth running bearings. Quality of the seals is the only open question for me. I just want to make it really long intervals between cleaning junk out of the bearings.

I’ve had my mpcnc for 7 years now. I’ve never cleaned the bearings out.

2 Likes

Yup there is some sort of visible gap, sorry.

1 Like

Hi, if it helps, my first year with the machine, I used it 6-7 hours a day for my shop, 6 days a week. They never needed to be changed, and are still fine. That’s was almost 2 years ago. Only around 4 bearings are even directly in the path of debris from the router.

2 Likes

That along with Barry’s comment helps a lot. One more decision made: kit bearings are a yes. Now to decide on wiring harness configuration. Maybe I’ll choose both since I just dodged a more expensive bearing purchase!

I received your kit today and found everything in good order. I’m going to need to look for a magnifying glass to see the bearing seal gaps. They look very good to me, and way better than I think I could find elsewhere for the same cost.

Thanks for getting the shipment out so quickly.

2 Likes

Glad you like them.

When someone asks for specifics and I do not have them I had no way to quantify what you thought was okay or not.

1 Like