Hello all. I’ve messed with 3D printing for years but am brand new to CNC.
I just completed the build of a primo. The size is 3x5 feet (I know, large!), with a usable space of 2x4 feet. The Z height is 4”. I used some mid span supports but it seems to be of limited use. This will mostly be cutting wood.
Electronics are BTT SKR 1.4 Turbo with TMC2290 drivers, and I implemented dual end stops on this. I also added a z-max limit switch to home to. I did this, in conjunction with homing to x and y min position and soft end stops, in order to limit the number of ways in which the machine can tear itself apart. Firmware is most recent marlin (188.8.131.52 I think) with my own config (happy to share if that helps anybody)
Cable management is done using cable drag chains, still figuring out how I want to route the main power and vacuum hose.
What’s left to do is an enclosure to contain the dust, a dust boot, and it suffers from really jerky movement still on curves, which seems to be marlin related.