3.5 year update.

Ryan,

First off - CONGRATS! - Really well done. I found your site about 12 months ago shortly after I bought my first 3D printer and started to hunt for things to build…little did I know what I’d find on Thingiverse! I’d wanted to buy a CNC machine for a while but didn’t have the money to drop for one, and wouldn’t of known how to use one if I did. Then I found your website and it gave me the confidence that I could build one on my own and that there was an active forum community that would be there to help figure out how to use it.

The small user high tech field is alive and well.

Have a good one!

Cap

1 Like

High five!!!

These numbers are amazing !

As for money, shipping costs are, I think, a brake for most of us who live outside the United States. I live in France (shipping from $60USD), so I decided to buy my electronic parts via Amazon / ebay only for this reason. (Do Amazon sponsored links work well ?)

I didn’t see that tip button before, you should make it more visible :wink:

Oh, and why can’t I buy this hoodie from Teespring ? (Logo doesn’t seem similar to this one)

Is it possible to add a tip button next to the international shipping calculator?

That hoodie looks nice. Hoodies are a small addiction of mine. I wear one in the morning, and then take it off when it warms up, which is like slow conveyor belt of hoodies from my closet to my car or office.

1 Like

The prices you are seeing are actually discounted 21% under what I actually pay, they will be going up across the board in January as well. I have not found any other way to ship internationally, other companies are not only about 2x’s the cost but there work chain takes 3x’s as long to make a label and would not allow for simple calculations.

The amazon links really do help, so thank you for using them.

As for the hoodie I am not sure what you are asking. The file that those are using is exactly the same. I believe you have linked an adult and a child’s. The child’s gets scaled a bit (vector so no quality loss). Also the previews are super low resolution the real hoodie is much more detailed.

I am very embarrassed about this as well. I am wearing one, there is one on the back of my chair, one outside the office door, in the truck, next to my bed, and some in two closets. I wish I could find some pictures of the embroidered hoodies I used to make (edit-found some), I loved them. Watching and “slicing” files for an embroidery machine was very similar to 3D printing and CNC.

[attachment file=“P1010004 (4).JPG”]

Freaking perfect two tone puff, I digitized all the files myself.

[attachment file=78457]
Those birds though, Never got them tattooed but Wish I had.

It’s way better to have them on a hoodie. You can take them off for a job interview, and people can see them in cold weather.

Heck, you guys are a bunch of wimps… When it gets cold outside (we had our first snow of the season this morning) I just keep on wearing my Hawaiian shirts and shorts. :slight_smile:

Ok, I need a v1 engineering hat…

Cold? Ha! I know cold! Need a bit more than a hoodie…

[attachment file=78770]

Oh…frozen eyelashes, no, no thank you!

Congrat’s to you Ryan, those figures look good! Might be time to prepare for a leap in scale, if Thomas Sanladerer’s review is good (which I really hope it will).

I started to dig into the MPCNC because a friend asked me if I could 3D print the parts for him. To be very honest, at this point in time I wasn’t really convinced this CNC would be any good and I even tried to discourage him because I had concerns about its rigidity. But he insisted, so, being a good friend, I just printed the parts.

While printing them, I made a bit of research on this machine and got to the point I thought I could just print another batch of the parts and give it a quick go, just to learn the basics before buying a “real one”. Long story short, my machine has been through a lot of different evolutions and epic adventures, while my friend still hasn’t put his together and let the printed parts to rot in a box…

I really thank you Ryan for this machine, it quite changed my workshop and the way I do things now. If only I had the space, I would for sure have at least 4 of them in my shop (printer, wood router, aluminum router and plasma). I’m a bit ashamed to say that I never bought anything from you, mainly because it is a bit complicated for me to buy from China (I suck at bank stuff and shipping + customs from the US are a bit of a maze process here). So I tried to repay you the only way I could, by helping people to troubleshoot on the forums and raise awareness. One day, I promise, I’ll finally go over my laziness and buy stuff from your shop, probably a bunch of those sharpies 1 and 2 flutes since the ones I find here really suck.

Keep up the good work, the best is still to come!

2 Likes

Helping is as good as money, promise! That was a really nice post.

1 Like

That’s all our gain. I’m really glad you’re here. Your projects always seem like real stretch goals and you finish them all the time. I even like it when you disagree with me :).

1 Like

Heh, cold. You guys are funny!

[attachment file=81026]
This is just getting insane. All those numbers and stats from before…outdated, every stat is larger. November-December was never a very significant period before, average was what I would call it. Not this year.

More than 8,300 Forum users just under 8k participating so extremely low lurker count. Lurking is good, read then ask, I am okay with that but I also feel awesome that everyone here is so welcoming most are comfortable asking a question. Never seen a Newb comment other than self stated (please keep it that way). I love all of you, and how awesome it is here even for me to ask questions.

5400+ topics and 48,000+replies, nothing but a giant smile here.

I just wanted to give you an update. I am not as vocal lately I have been dealing with orders and inventory pretty seriously for the last little while. I appreciate all the help and thank you all for being cool. Best Crew Ever!

1 Like

Oh and those page views, Dec 17 -87,720, Dec 18 (with 4 days left) 736,651…Dude, come on, 3/4 of a million page views in a month…

With 5300 topics, and many of them getting off topic, I’m actually surprised things are actually discoverable. Some posts come up after being dormant for months. Maybe they are searching well, or maybe they are just entertaining enough to read all of them. I actually think the build logs are the best content. Real life people taking the leap on faith and working through troubles and ending up making dust. It immediately adds community. The fact that new ones are coming in makes a difference too, because it feels less valid when the builds are older for some reason.

W.r.t. 48k replies. I guess I’m responsible for 1/12. Maybe I should focus on quality instead of quantity. :smiley:

Thanks for sharing Ryan. These numbers are really hard to comprehend. But it’s clear you’ve made something awesome and let’s hope next year is awesome too.

2 Likes

[attachment file=“83286”]

Well, average 100% growth of the traffic in 90 days?

Can’t blame it all on Christmas, since it’s still climbing after the new year. :slight_smile: