3d Milling Toolpaths in Fusion

Hi all

I have used EstlCAM to generate the G Code for some simple 2D milling projects on my MPCNC (RAMBO board with dual end stops). The 2D milling in foam (test cuts) and wood turned out really well so I thought I’d have a go at some 3D milling. Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to get EstlCAM to generate G Code that will mill the part I’m after (details here: https://forum.v1e.com/t/estlcam-free-machining-settings/15939).

I’m relatively new to Fusion 360 but know enough to get by when creating models, but haven’t spent any time creating tool paths. Before I even attempt to get my head around creating tool paths in Fusion, I was hoping someone could let me know if there is a post processor that handles 3D milling that I could use with Fusion to create G Code for the part in the image below?

Search the forum for Fusion360 post processor and there are loads of discussions regarding this. Good luck.

Not really 3D specific but explains guffys post processor fairly well.

Thanks Marion. It looks like I’ll just have to bite the bullet and dive in deeper with Fusion 360.

Thanks Blaine. That’s a great video to get me up and running with guffy’s post processor.

1 Like