3D printed concave bed - how bad is it ?!

Hi all,

Today I printed 2 feet, I just notice that my bed is a little concave.

Should I be re-printing them, or it won’t cause any issue ?

If I need to reprint, how can I fix my warped/concave bed?

Isn’t that rather warping of the used filament than of the bed?

1 Like

Yes! I made some Google research.
Will it be okay for the build tho?

I tried to change a couple setting for the next foot, we’ll see!

I think it should be fine but if you are worried you can put a shim or washer under each corner so it’s supported on the outside. It might be slightly stiffer.

If you’re using PLA try heating the bed a little more. On my glass bed I run 60C and it prevents the warping. 50C works pretty well too but it takes a little while to get the glass hot enough so I go to 60 to get 50C on the glass. Then after the initial layer it can go to 50C.

You should be fine, screws will pull it down. For that reason the only other parts that use that as a mating surface, locks and corners bottoms, can take a slug of glue and they will be fine as well. This was invented in the time of crappy printers so I never use the plate as a reference surface. (patting my own back right now)…

2 Likes

Pretty clever of you for thinking of this.
Thanks for the answer!

I put a brim on my third foot and put the bed to 60 deg C and it looks much better!

1 Like

I recently moved my printer to a drafty basement. My warping due to drafts looks more like what you are seeing.

I built draft shield 3 sides are cardboard box parts and one is scrap plexiglass. Not I was getting artifacts due to poor cooling on one side of the print. I had a bullseye cooking duct printed out. That solved the problem with draft shield cooling.

1 Like