3d Printing COVID 19 face masks

opshieldsup.org/makers

Get that 3d printer doing something good!

2 Likes

https://opensourcemask.com

It is in Itlaian language, but Download and the video shouldbe sufficient :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have another one from Mr. Prusa himself

1 Like

How are you producing the filtration material? How are you assessing the fit against the face? N95 masks are designed to fit snuggly and filter out 99.9+% of particales smaller than 0.3 microns. This mean if you have gaps in your fitting to your face or gaps in the filter material, you are giving people false hope.

1 Like

Ben

I assume you are responding to the opensourcemask post. The original link is for a face shield and is the same project as the prusa mask in the 3rd post.

I am thankful for your input though. I don’t want to waste time printing something that might not be useful.

1 Like

You guys are awesome. Keep up the fight! If you haven’t seen my video, please have a look:

1 Like

Yes… sorry to take this off topic. I digress.

Another design I came across:

I’m working with an engineering professor who’s sister is an ER surgeon. Together they have tested one of the printable masks. I’ll find the link in the morning. I’m wiped out. Time to sleep. Ping me if I don’t post anything by noon. A lot going on.

1 Like

That’s one that I’ve been printing as well. It’s in the video that I posted.

We are currently printing a lot in Sweden. Locally we have delivered 200+ to elder care. (dropping off 110ish today)

Congratulations to all of you who have the possibility to help out and do so. It’s shocking how under-prepared all countries are and how hard this crisis struck, but if as many of us help out as we can, we will get over it with as less damage as possible. It’s a messed up time to be alive, that’s for sure, but thankfully, we live in a modern era where the normal individual can use technology to aid those in need and make advancements toward putting an end to the dreaded pandemic.