3d scanner to be used with 3d printing

Had a small research of existing info about using scanners to make models for printing.
No really usefull data. Just common description of existing 3d scanners.
Like all3dp just mentions different technologies but no info what and when to choose.
Scanners developer Artec 3D tells how to choose according to the size of the object. Thank you. It obvious and not about 3d printing.
Printers developer Formlabs explains a bit about the workflow. It was the most useful article, by the way.
I’m thinking about the guide where there will be like a table of 3d printing technology one uses and the characteristics the 3d scan should be to success, and if possible which equipment (scanner type, photogrammetry, etc) to use to achieve them. With as less post processing as possible, for me it’s very important, as I see that from time to time post processing of scan takes pretty same time as simply modeling it from nothing. So maybe information how to understand if you really need 3d scanner would also be usefull.
Maybe once I’ll be skilled enough to write such a guide.

Computer vision is a tricky problem. One that we frequently take for granted, since even the youngest of us are experts at it. It is usually easy/doable to make a solution that works 80% of the time in 25% of the situations. Different approaches work in different situations, but none of them work all the time, even in their niche situations.

Given that it’s sometimes such a crapshoot, it’s generally limited to cases where it actually has to be scanned. If you’re trying to get a model of a pumpkin, it is probably easier to model it from scratch. If you dont end up with the same pumpkin, no big deal. If you’re trying to model a specific work of art (venus de milo, for example), you would do better to scan it. If it was originally made in CAD and is mostly a functional part, you’re probably better measuring with calipers because it will be more accurate and you’ll get precision in the dimensions you care about (the mating parts).

So Generally the more complex the object is and the more accurate result one needs, the more he needs a 3d scanner, and the more expensive it should be…?