49 X 97 LR2 Dual Endstops & Rotating Table

Try using larger diameter tubing.

1 Like

Welcome to the crew! Glad to have you.

(I’m a little late in welcoming you but, welcome none the less!)

1 Like

Thanks brother glad to be here and thanks again for a great design.

1 Like

Here’s is the laser mount I designed for the NEJE 40w to mount to the 611 plate next to the X axis stepper motor. It utilizes one of the holes from the 611 plate which I found to be adequate enough. For added support I added a second bolt hole and inset for a 3mm nut. This will require you drill a 1/8" hole in the 611 plate.

2 Likes

I figured out that the laser mounted in this position interferes with the bolt comin through the wheel on the X axis positive max. I turned the bolt around placing the nut on the outside providing the clearance I needed to get to my X max again. I made some changes to the laser mount to move it as close to the X axis stepper motor as possible. I also designed an air assist to accept a 3/8" O.D. 1/4" I.D. hose. I use a curved plastic syringe tip (i use them for glue) as the tip works perfect and the air pressure actually kicks out the burnt dust now as intended.

Here you can see the issue when the carriage is at max X +.

Here is the new air assist piece I am testing. I am working on a new design that holds the 1.2mm stainless needle, this way I can bend it after mounting to the exact spot.

The space between the laser body and the stepper motor will be reduced in the new design, I will post a photo once I print the new one and mount it.

Here you can see the bolt turned around to provide additional clearance.

I also added a flexible LED light strip under the router, works well.

2 Likes

Well since the Lowrider is done and cutting now I cut out all my stations for my cedar strip canoe project. I was able to cut them out and engrave the canoe type and station location number on each piece as well.

6 Likes

Very Nice! I hope you’ll post more pix of the canoe in progress.

2 Likes

You know it! I will keep you guys posted. I plan to use the Lowrider to cut out and engrave my decks and yoke so I will post pics of that when I get there. Time to mill a bunch of cedar!

1 Like

Hi Denis,
thanks for your post.
I connect my laser to FAN0 of my SKR Pro 1.2 (positif and negatif, without the PWM wire), as you said.
The Problem : It seems like there is a power delay :confused:
Does somebody have the same issue ?