5 Tips for using the MPCNC (or any CNC)

I created a video with 5 Tips for using the MPCNC or any CNC router. It should help the beginner (and more seasoned users) to get more consistent results. Let me know what you think.

5 Tips for using the MPCNC

I hope you guys don’t mind me sharing.

2 Likes

If you always (or mostly always) place your workpiece at your datum corner, you could save a couple of steps (jogging to datum and resetting X/Y zero) by setting your endstop locations as negative values in your firmware or eeprom. Then as soon as you home your zero is set to your datum location.

I agree however, many times I will make the X-Y 0 at the center of the job (see my video on making finger joint boxes). This way I have the option to do either.

Please share! That’s great. Good humor, good tips, just a few too many :slight_smile:

Thanks Jeff, I couldn’t stop at 5 there are so many things to share :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I dropped a couple of videos showing how I made Corn Hole boards on my MPCNC. If you don’t know what Corn Hole is, you should try it. It’s a fun game that all the family can play and you can drink beer whilst doing it (that’s a criteria for most of my favorite games).

One thing to remember is CNC is great for repeatability. Where you have many tasks that are the same (making four legs, drilling holes in the right place many times over, cutting 6" holes etc.) It’s not that you couldn’t make it any other way, it’s just easier and more repeatable with computer numerical control (CNC).

Making corn hole boards on the MPCNC pt 1

Making Corn Hole Boards on the MPCNC pt 2 (final)

1 Like

Great project.

I don’t particularly like cornhole (I prefer beersbee/hippy horseshoes), but I have thought about making a set on my CNC. I have wondered, since we have a CNC, what is the ideal shape of the hole? Is it still a circle if we don’t have to use a tool that can only cut circles? Would a triangle or a square be better? What about the outline of your favorite logo?

1 Like

6" diameter hole is the regulation size. I have never seen any other shape. I live in a state where cornhole is played everywhere lol.

1 Like

I moved to NC from the NYC area(NJ) and cornhole has a whole 'nother meaning up there. I was a bit stunned the first time I heard a radio ad advertising a bar’s cornhole tournament. :scream:

4 Likes

I had no idea there were regulations and standards :joy::joy: we used to use tennis balls a lot livelier that way.

2 Likes

There is a variation that you get to pummel the first person bring up the Eastern interpretation with the bean bags or it correcty assembled corn bags :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::blush: with some age groups or drink types the pummeling is spontaneous

Eastern? I’m from New Orleans, and I giggled at the name… It’s an everywhere-but-the-semi-rural-Midwest interpretation. :rofl:

3 Likes

When I was younger I never heard of it.

And then there was this:

Then later: oh it’s a game?

1 Like

I think you would drive the US Corn hole association into a melt down if you cut a triangle :joy:

I sponsored a tournament locally in Virginia. They take it seriously. I like beer :beers:

You got nominated for SCOTUS?

2 Likes