500W spindle

CNC Spindle 500W Air Cooled 0.5kw Milling Motor and Spindle Speed Power Converter and 52mm Clamp and 13pcs ER11 Collet for DIY Engraving https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LNBOCDA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xTwIybHG7T8S9

This seems to be the same thing (shenhzen) I have seen many others use with their cnc, thoughts?

While I’d love to go cheap with the Dewalt, the noise it creates will violate the WAF (if youtube demos of the dewalt vs chinese spindles are accurate).

Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but for me, the bit eating away at the wood is much louder than the spindle itself ?

This spindle is water cooled. What about air cooled spindles?

I have a 400w spindle, which looks exactly like the 500w(wonder if they’re really the same). When it’s cutting, it is louder than when it’s not.

I’m still on the fence about it. I like that it’s quieter, but I’m in a barn, noise isn’t really an issue, that and the shop vac running kinda defeats the quiet spindle. It is still attached to my cnc though, so it has that going for it. What I really don’t like about them is it’s really just a dc motor with a collet adapter attached to it. Really long off the end of the motor. With my engraving bit in the collet, it’s almost 4 inches from the motor bottom to the point of the bit! Also with the engraving bit in, I only have maybe a quarter inch of pipe left in the lower z bearings when the point is touching a half inch piece of wood. That’s not a lot of leeway. I’ve even seen the tubes leave the lower bearing when doing a rapid move across the table. That’s not cool.