52mm spindle dust shoe

Anyone using a Chinese 52 mm spindle on their MPCNC? What dust shoe do you use? Do you like it/hate it? Why?

Chuck,

I went with a shoe on Thingiverse (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2244705). I was getting some whistling with a 3/4" PVC pipe so I modified it to run with 1" PVC I had laying around. If this is of interest to you, I will attempt to upload the files. Let me know!

1 Like

This is the one I have on mine right now. For the most part I like it, but it has its issues. You have to raise the router all the way up to get the bottom off to swap the end mills. I’ve thought about cutting a slot in it to see if that helps, or screws up the airflow.

Thanks, Mike and Barry. I will look at your suggestions. Mike I am interested in the 1" version. Does a standard vacuum hose connect directly, or would I need an adaptor?

I just finished a ir sensor mount for an Arduino based Tach to mount on the spindle. My MPCNC is setting on an antique table in my shop/office while I clean up from a kitchen renovation. I still need to build a dedicated table for it. I also shortened the dimensions to fit the table, so I’m awaiting another set of belts to expand to the build size.

Chuck,

It will need an adapter. Let me clean up my model and I will upload it and the adapter I use. You might need a different adapter but I have an OpenCAD File I ran across somewhere that allows you to make a custom adapter quite easily.

I posted it on Thingiverse as a Remix of the original shoe I modeled it from. Let me know if you have any questions or issues!