$60 bucket

Yes, I’m the idiot that buys a $60 bucket.
Yes, my $5 bucket collapsed from the vacuum due to it being too warm in my garage.
Yes, I’m now using the $60 bucket as a dust collection bucket, and it’s working perfectly.

2 Likes

Mine was $45, but it is significantly larger:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LDEP0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Barry has said you can double up the HD buckets, and they won’t be crushed.

1 Like

But then he wouldn’t have a $60 bucket.

2 Likes

If you are collapsing the bucket doesn’t that indicate you are pulling too much vacuum at the business end of the dust collector? Adding a controlled vacuum leak before the cyclone is cheaper than a fancy (or two) buckets.

1 Like

I’m definitely going to find a more permanent solution using one of these suggestions, but the yeti bucket was just sitting there so I figured I’d try it.

1 Like

Measure the diameter of the inside of your bucket about midway down and cut a support, super simple, I did 3 for my bucket, one close to the bottom, middle, top, just to be sure since my shed is super hot. Little o in a big O. No problems since

1 Like

It’s heat. The air going through the hose heats up from the turbulence on the ridges. Also you’re pulling heat from the cuts, that’s going right into a pile in the bucket, plus all the crap swirling in the bucket adds more heat. If it was just the vacuum collapsing the bucket, it would do it immediately.
@niget2002 Then he’d have a $10 bucket!

1 Like

I love my Yeti bucket

1 Like

I solved this by having a really crappy vacuum.

2 Likes