80/20 rail for the y axis

My workbench has 80/20 10 series running the length of each side, wold it be possible to use the wheels like the one in the picture for the y axis.i would really like to keep the 80/20 on the table it’ll still be my workbench when the Lowrider is not in use

Worth a shot! If not, skate wheels should ride in the groove as well.

I like it. I would consider putting a strip of something inside to keep dirt out of the track. It also will need to be very parallel so it doesn’t bind.

One end-run on the parallelism issue is to only constrain one side of the gantry with a wheel-in-track. Put a strip in the slot on the other side and run a skate wheel. Or put the skate wheel inboard enough to ride on the table itself.

1 Like

Both sides of that table have the rail

1 Like

Part of the ease of the LR is not needing a perfect table or perfect rails. CNC’s by design can and kind of are over constrained and get all sorts of issues. If your table rails are within a few mm you should be okay.

You could end up with one of the best LR’s out there, or it is just not perfect enough to work. 100% worth a shot! Keeping that channel clear is going to be an issue as well but I am sure there are some easy solutions to that.

Gnomes with push brooms. Just watch out for their union rules. You do not want to cross those guys, and their contracts are iron-clad. Don’t trust any fly-by-night sprites offering cheap labor for payment up front; Leprechauns can’t be trusted.

2 Likes

Child labor is easier to come by… just have to find a female willing to take a few months off work and then wait a while for the child to be useable.

2 Likes

Then you just end up being a cliché on Law & Order: SVU or Criminal Minds. If you’re lucky (or creative), Prodigal Son

I’ve learned so much from watching that show.

The problem is, as they get more capable, they get more unwilling to help.

3 Likes