A few questions about a vacuum attachment for the DW660

Hi everyone, I’ve got my MPCNC set up and I’d like to set up a vacuum attachment for it. I’ve searched already and found a couple great threads on this, like:

I thought I’d ask a few questions regarding my situation. I have a DW660, and the vac I have is a Dirt Devil (I found on the street, that works) with a 1.25" hose. Importantly, my MPCNC is also (I believe) the Burly version, from about 2018 or so.

It looks like this design (from the 2nd link above) is pretty solid: DW660 Magnetic Dust Shoe for MPCNC (525 & Primo editions) by nellson - Thingiverse

A couple questions:

1. Will the design above fit my older (Burly) tool mount? So theoretically I just need to print out this piece:

I ask because it mentions the Primo on that page, and the part that that part would connect to is shaped slightly differently on mine.

1. I have a “dirt devil quick lite cyclonic”, which has both the bottom part (for cleaning a floor/rug) and the hose part. To use the hose part, I just take the hose out when it runs (I guess if it’s not out it just reroutes the vacuum to the bottom part), but it seems like when the hose is out, the bottom part still pulls a vacuum. Could I somehow disable that bottom part, or block it up, to pull a better vacuum from the hose?

2. What’s the point of the dust skirt/shroud? is it to prevent finer dust from flying away? or create a more powerful vacuum near the cutting bit?

thanks for any tips!

Looks like he said he added a second version for primo back in July, assuming the 525 version is still in the download that’s the one you’d want I guess.

1. i dunno

2. The vacuum is sucking but that bit is also blowing dust away like crazy. It’ll be much more effective with a skirt.

The vacuum connection is intended for the dw660 cutout tool with the speedy delivery nut eliminated. It utilizes the first metal clasp that accompanies the device for a fast introduction. Should be utilized with a single hose mount for the best help. Drawing accessible free on the off chance that you wish to cut your own hose mount. The clear plastic range included however not introduced (basically superglue set up in the event that you decide to utilize it) Works extraordinary on wood without it. For aluminum introduce is suggested. Discretionary printed hose mount joins straightforwardly to the dw660. I can adjust both to any measure vac hose. You give the Id and Od of the hose you are utilizing something like 45mm. Bigger sizes will require a connector. The hose mount no longer appends to the maker slide.