- Find a SVG that you like. Silhouettes work well.
- Open Inkscape. Set the document size to your table’ size.
- Import and scale the SVG to the desired size.
- Use http://jscut.org/ to generate a .gcode toolpath from the SVG. ‘Engrave’ or ‘Pocket’ works well. Pay attention to the tool diameter. Save the gcode.
- Import the gcode into https://sandify.org/ to remove feed rate changes.
https://ncviewer.com/ might be useful to rearrange a few contours or redirect a stray travel move
I don’t find Inkscape’s gcode plugins to be that useful, but if the SVG is already just the path you want to plot then “path to gcode” can do it.
Does anyone have a tool to re-route travel moves (or moves longer than a certain length) around the perimeter, or to do a sort of shortest path through the existing grooves so that less artwork gets rolled over?