Aaryn's MPCNC made something...

That looks really good.

I added a screw to the inside bottom on each of mine. Then I took a piece of paracord, cut it the proper distance for setup, and put a loop in each end. When we set them up, we hook the paracord to the screws and stretch it out instead of just eye balling it. I put two screw on the underside of one of them and wrap the paracord around the screws when not in use.

I did the same thing for our horseshoes set.

6 Likes

Those look so good!

I had plans to make mine super fancy, got anxious and just wanted to play so I just coated them. Might need to make another fancy set so I can use some of my fancy ,machines to do more than cut the hole! I did add some sound deadner pad to the underside. Not sure if it actually helped much though.

Dude, those are amazing!!! Love the colors.Great Job.

Thank you for the praises. Makes me feel all happy and stuff. Big win for me because historically I have been TERRIBLE at working with wood.

I made several mistakes on these ones and if I make more I will do the following.

• Use the laser to cut a little deeper. It helped prevent the dye from seeping through into the next strip.
  • If and when the dye does seep into the wrong areas. I will not sand at ALL. Instead use fire to hide it. That worked better anyway. When I did sand it got ugly fast.
  • For the first coat of polycrylic use a sprayer or aerosol can. When I brushed the first layer it spread the red dye into the white/natural stripes. Looked terrible. More fire helped.
  • I used pocket holes on these ones. But If I were to do it again I would do the trick where you use a chisel to peel back the top layer of the wood then sink a screw and glue the top layer back down.

That is a brilliant idea. Thanks, Iā€™m gonna copy that.

1 Like

Thanks, For the colors I used the red and blue from these wood dyes. It I used about 5 layers of the red (overkill) and only one layer for the blue. For one of them the white stars looked a little too dark so I used a thin layer of white wash on it. Then sealed the whole thing in Polycrilic.

Those are awesome! Good job.