Back when I first started the MPCNC project (burly) I made myself an acrylic case. It came out okay but had many design flaws that only came out when I needed to open it up (for modifications and such). Little by little I modded that case. Recently I decided I wanted to add joystick support. My old case wouldn’t be able to support it, so I decided to take a break from upgrading the router and upgrade the controller. I took all my design flaws and found solutions that I was very happy with. One big improvement was how I connected them all together. My last design used printed corners that allowed a nut on the inside that was hot glued in place. Well they never really stayed in place and just dropped into the controller. Now i used pressed inserts… SOO much better. Also the top lid was my access point. If I wanted access, I needed a screw driver. This round I used thumb screws. Also added an e-stop connector.
Best part was my work had this acrylic sheet as scrap!