Adelaide South Australia

8 Likes

GREAT looking set-up you have there!
Curious what you’re using for dust collection?
I want to build an enclosure for mine but it seems I’d need a taller enclosure to allow a hose connected to a dust shoe enough slack to reach the full range of movement without dragging on anything.

for my shed i have a dust extractor mounted outside in a little shed… there are 2 100mm pipes coming in to my work shop part, in the top corner… i will be connecting 1 of these to the top of the enclosure to keep it negative pressure… i will also do a dust shoe the connect my vacuum up directly… will take some pics when i complete it… will route the router power cable up in a similar fashion… i will also be cutting some vents in at the front to draw the air and dust from the front to back…

2 Likes

Very nice! I look forward to seeing it completed and dirtied up. :grin:

:wink:

Thanks. Liking that box, that foam seal looks promising. Really starting to consider one myself.

1 Like

Great setup, and you’ve got pretty much the same sort of space for the machine as I have!

I think “negative pressure” is a bit of a Furphy. If you don’t allow air in, you won’t have airflow and the dust won’t move. I’d bung a vent on the opposite side of the box equal to the area of the dust inlet, and then you’ll see airflow and dust flowing with it.

The LR enclosure is a bit problematic, but I’m working on that, which is to say I’m not doing anything at all.

Yeah negative pressure is miss leading, positive airflow through the box to the dust extractor… I have just fitted gas struts and a latch to the front… with the latch released it creates a gap of 15mm about 40mm higher than the spill board so it should draw dust away… worst part is I have built all this, no idea on the programming yet… and still waiting for my control board to arrive via snail mail…

1 Like

8 Likes

5 Likes

Looking at the quality of your build I look forward to seeing your future projects! :+1:

3 Likes

The firmware will be smooth. Which brain did you buy?

RAMBO V1.4… Electrical box all done… each stepper wired back to a 9pin serial plug with limit switches… Estop kills power to steppers and tool via a relay… z axis has a led strip light at bottom of tool clamp… have a bag of T nuts to put in the bottom of spill board hopefully use the mpcnc to cut these… still need to make the tool zeroing plate and wire back to box… have wired a plug socket just need to make lead/plate/clamp… and then drill in 100mm dust extractor tube and 40mm vacuum hose line… I machined up a collet for 1/8" bits but will play with the 1/4" bits I already have…

1 Like

Oh, dang, classy stickers. Is that CF background with the red on top?

1 Like

Good Eye! :grin:

Only carbon vinyl… partner has a cricut and she was kind enough to cut them… hope you don’t mind… I liked the “MARLIN” LOGO to so thought why not…

Not at all!

You can cut those yourself now…although the pathing takes a bit long than the cricut software.

Yeah i will leave the vinyl to her, wood, carbon and aluminum for me…lol… I just hope I can do the machine justice…Will I be worthy

1 Like

Well my RAMBo V1.4 board arrived today… got it mounted and powered up ready to load the firmware… and thats where is came to a stop… I have already installed the VS code and platformIO… i have downloaded and unzipped “marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7_506-src” i can get it to come up on the screen but that is as far as i can get… i dont get any of the icons down the bottom after the “home” any ideas what i have done wrong??

Open one folder higher or deeper. I think you need to go one deeper. The p.io file needs to be in the right level to trigger it.

sorry, i’m so confused as i thought i would be… this is all i get up on my screen. maybe i missed a step??