Age old question: The chicken, the egg or hold out for the bacon?

…But totally worth it. To me, it is both frustrating and satisfying.

That would at least make designing a mount much easier. Still, if it hasn’t been done before, you are in uncharted territory. Once the LR3 files are released, you could look at the provided mounting geometry and determine if would even be possible with a given router.

What about an MSLA resin 3d printer such as the Elegoo Saturn? They seem to be reasonably priced and well reviewed. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

They make pretty prints, but not mechanically sound prints. They’re brittle.

1 Like

darn. but good to know. thanks

You can get the Ender 3 Max. It is 300x300x340.

Thanks, been looking at that one (with dual Z-axis and CR Touch upgrades).

Best Ender 3 Max Upgrades

1 Like

I bought a Prusa Mini for my MPCNC Primo and have never regretted it. The possibiliity to print addons etc. is really, really needed. You are not going to be happy with the stock version and will want to personalize it, no matter how good it is (sorry Ryan… :stuck_out_tongue:).

Don’t you call my baby a compromise… :rage:

2 Likes

Aye aye aye! Insulting others babies is a serious offense! I didn’t mean to downtalk your mini, I only meant that it was a compromise compared to a 30x30x30cm printer! :sweat_smile: :wink: it surely is a “little machine that could”!

There is one part on the LR3 thst needs a larger print volume, akin to the core on a Primo, not sure that it will fit on the 180x180 print bed, but it will fit on a 200x200.

There are flat parts that could be printed instead if you have a 300x300 bed, but you probably will want milled flat parts for it… come to think of it, I have an extra set milled from birch plywood that will be available once the beta project wraps up. :wink:

4 Likes

I just ordered me another one. If you don’t mind a refurbished one here is a link where you can get one for almost $100 cheaper. It comes with the factory one year warranty.

https://comgrow.com?sca_ref=1893784.vIfqntwomE

Just got this from UPS:

Summary: Service Alert due to Situation in Eastern China

UPS has temporarily suspended imports into certain areas of eastern China (Shanghai, Jiangsu Province and Zhejiang Province).

UPS continues to closely monitor the situation. For the most up-to-date information on the status of shipments, customers can track packages at …

Summary: Service Alert Due to Situation in Ukraine

UPS has suspended operations in Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia.

UPS continues to closely monitor the situation. For the most up-to-date information on the status of shipments, customers can track packages at …