Airplane connectors

Is there a well known to work airplane connectors and wire people have used. I have a lowrider 2.

This is what I’m using,
Aviation Wire Connector
6 Conductor Bare Copper

Thanks! Any tips or tricks with soldering airplane connectors?

Pre solder the end of the wires before attempt to solder into the connector. Also I use one of this Soldering Helping Hands to hold the connector and wire. BTW start with the center wire :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, may be a bit before I get to that. But ill def post pictures

1 Like

Do you happen to know where I can find wiring diagrams for the steppers using the airplane connectors, I know that one has to be wired in reverse. Just want to make sure I do as efficient as possible

Sorry Adam, I don’t, but the connector has numbers on all 6 pins. what I did is I pick a color wire and assign to a number. 4 for the steppers and 2 for endstops.

2 Likes

It also helps to shrink tape each connector after soldering. Those inner pins are easy to bridge with a stray wire strand or drop of solder.

1 Like

You are right, that is why I pre solder the wire.

1 Like

Assuming you can’t get the full run without extending the stepper leads, you’ve got control of both ends when you make the extensions. I made all my aircraft connections with the same colors inside, then did any reversing out at the end that connected to the motor, or that connected the socket to the controller.

2 Likes

My temp setup is the same idea , I have two cat 5 patch cables running thru the y rails ( one for y and one 4 z). Then on one side i terminated some dupont jumper cables to the white/color of some keystone jacks, then did the same for the other side but also added a second tail with the colors reversed.

Not sure if that made sense, but i can draw pictures or take some pictures if it will help.

Your wiring only needs to make sense to you, and whoever else is helping to maintain it.

2 Likes

now i just need to find a case and screen case that will work for my needs. not sure really what i am looking for at the moment , other than something that looks “clean”

How did y’all attach it to the board , I have an skr and cannot figure out a good way (where the wires stay connected) to attach to the board.

Answered my question stepper motor wire and just cut of the end that isn’t needed , this locks the cable into the board

1 Like

Just remember …numbers and colors…

1 Like

I’m going to draw/write everything out before I connect or solder anything lol

1 Like