All3dp article

Aaron pointed this out. Thanks!

I agree they did some good research. It seems like they went out of their way to not mention the shop or the forums, but they definitely showcased the options well.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that, too. They didn’t mention that there’s a phenomenal community here that can, and will, help with even the most basic of questions, even while wrestling with some cutting edge (pun not intended, but wholly embraced) technology and design ideas that really push the boundaries of what the various machines can do.

Also kind of weird that he started off talking about laser and plasma, then got around to milling, plotting and drag cutting. Seemed ass-backwards. Probably would have been more accurate to mention milling, plotting and drag cutting, then note that some people are pushing the envelope by also using (relatively) low-powered lasers and handheld plasma cutters with the design. Meh…

At least it was a straight-forward, reasonably facts-based article that ultimately linked back to V1.

2 Likes

Generally though, it’s a nice article.

1 Like

Oh, yeah! For sure! As (what I assume to be) unsolicited press goes, it’s actually fantastic. Just some editorial choices that seemed… odd. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is a flattering article. Seems to be written by a ‘staff/contract’ writer implying no direct experience with CNC but having done, at least, some investigation of the V1 site to be able to fill out the word count to the required length. As an exposure article, it is a good teaser for the mpcnc and other associated machines.

1 Like

Almost all of their stuff is. They release a yearly list of diy CNC machines, and always missed V1 j til the one they did this year.

I was pretty happy reading that one. I swear I linked it somewhere. It was bringing in more traffic that the recent YouTube videos from Teaching Tech and Tom. Pleasantly surprised, It always catches me off guard rarely does anyone every drop me a note telling me they wrote something so I only catch it if it brings in enough traffic to show in the top ten for last few days. I do like that they highlighted some of the other things that can be done, it gets people thinking outside the box.

Gday all… Thankfully I found v1 from that article!! I came across maslow years ago, never got around to building it. Stumbled across the article and now landed here.

Will start building in Feb! Def forums and blog sold me on v1 / LR2

2 Likes