Almost done! its a beauty

Would you share your modified cover with cable chain attachment? What cable chain did you use?

Thanks, Dan

Sure thing!.
Here you go… link to the chain in the description.

2 Likes

Today I finished working on the Z chain. Still need to send the wires through it but will wait until I get the board to make sure everything is plugged in correctly.

4 Likes

I tried finding in my local Hardware store a Aluminium rail I could use to guide the Z Chain but all I could find was this plastic angle. Initially I was skeptical about it, but now that it is installed it seems to do the job. Also I kind of like that it is transparent…
One other thing, when I assembled the chain after printing it, it was bent to the left. I need it to be as straight as possible so I set it up straight on a bench using some clamps and used the heat gun very lightly. Success…

I just saw this duct collection system on thingiverse and I think its just genius…
It uses the conduits to extract the dust, has anybody here used something similar?

My first thought was: all that dust is going to get caught in the nut traps. It’s still my second thought. :smiley:

2 Likes

I had not thought of that… you’re right, its not gonna work.

Dusty nuts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got sad news, one of the steppers from my V1 kid came damaged…
https://youtu.be/sGZx1PTuytg

Need to contact Ryan…

If it is unplugged, does it spin freely? Steppers are really very tough and very hard to break.

My guess is it is the wiring, not the motor.

my bad… you were right…

After that embarrassing episode, I can at least show some success… take a look at my crown. Not sure what I need to look for here but it sure is pretty.

4 Likes

Unfortunately not everything was perfect.
I was able to print from an Sd card in the control board. Could not connect to my laptop running windows. RepetierHost sent this error…
Anyone knows what this means?

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The maximum baud rate for the device is 115200.
Parameter name: baudRate
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream…ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()
at RepetierHost.model.ProtectedSerialPort.Open()
at RepetierHost.connector.SerialConnector.Connect(Boolean failSilent)
at RepetierHost.model.PrinterConnection.open()
at RepetierHost.Main.toolConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnButtonClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4018.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

RepetierHost
Assembly Version: 2.1.3.0
Win32 Version: 2.1.3.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Repetier-Host/RepetierHost.exe

Is that a normal sized paper? It looks too big.

That RH error looks like it is something with the computer or with repetier.

yes that is 8.5*11 inches

Command it to move something like 100mm and make sure it is moving that far. The test crown is smaller than that, I’m pretty sure.

My first crown was tiny because I didn’t scale it in Estlcam. The second one was squished because I set up the drivers wrong and had Z and Y switched (I have drivers where you can choose how many steps they do).

Ok I think I know which crown you are referring to…

That is the Test Crown, the previous crown was enlarged 250X like the setup said.
Also was having some fun and drew this.

8 Likes

Is this SKR Pro board max baud rate 115200?

No. 250k should be fine.