Another build in Italy (it's alive!)

hi, and happy new year!
during the Xmas vacations i (mostly) assembled my Primo i printed during the autumn.
its my first CNC, i’m really happy nowadays is possible to build this wonderful things at home!
really thanks!

here is the first video of the X-Y moving.

everything went together very easily, i had only one problem with a stepper cable that drove me crazy for one whole day.

Z axis is not yet ready but i have a doubt, there is a play on the core, and i dont know if it’s normal or there is something wrong, here is a video (raise the volume):

David

6 Likes

Ciao Davide, finalmente la comunità Italiana si amplia. Un Benvenuto da Pavia. Io ho fatto due anni fa la versione Burly e progetto di fare anche la MP3DP, ma mi servirà un po’ di tempo…
(Hi Davide, finally the Italian community is expanding. A Welcome from Pavia. I did the Burly version two years ago and I plan to do the MP3DP as well, but I will need some time …)

1 Like

hi Giampaolo, thank for your welcome)
i’m not too far from you, Parma-Reggio Emilia.
what do you use it for? for wood? i decided to build Prima because i saw somebody was able to cut steel. i would like to cut 2-3mm steel plates. we will see… we will see…
ciao!
Davide

Hello everyone, I join the Italian friends! I just finished building my first PRIMO CNC. I’m from Rimini !!! All good with the electronics and the SKR card … but unfortunately I have problems in the movements … the carriages seem to be tightened badly and the motors often slip. I can’t find the right compromise … did it happen to you?

bye
Massimo

Ciao a tutti, mi associo agli amici italiani ! Ho appena finito di costruire la mia prima CNC PRIMO. Io sono di Rimini !!! Tutto bene con l-elettronica e la scheda SKR…ma purtroppo ho problemi nei movimenti… i carrelli sembrano essere stretti male e i motori spesso slittano. Non riesco a trovare il giusto compromesso… a voi é capitato ?

Hi Davide,
i just use it for wood.
No experience with metal. But partecpants of forun have differnet and many skils.
Good luck

Hi Massimo welcome to you too.

I started building the Burly MPCNC two years ago; I haven’t had any major problems except for a few wiring errors solved with the help of this wonderful forum.

I am not expert on the Primo type, but it would seem that you have tightened the bolts too much; first you could try to loosen the fixing bolts of the carriage bearings, or maybe your pipes have a larger diameter than expected, you could then measure them and post the measurements so some expert can help you solve the problem.

Very well, the Italian community is expanding. Let’s keep in touch.
Ciao
Paolo