Any functioning MPCNC Machines in the Midwest ?

Well, I am not going to whine about missing a few hours of the show anymore. Fingers crossed I just don’t spend any time in the snow on Friday…for you to Barry.

Any chance someone can pick me up on his way?

I’ll bring pickles.

No problem, 24 hr detour…basically on the way. Dui you would love it and fit right in…maybe next year?

1 Like

Looks like 40’s Saturday in Elkhart! Wooo! Heat wave! :sunglasses: Also no snow today, so that will make wire stringing faster. Stringing 1/8th inch cable with gloves on it nearly impossible, so I’d have to take warm up breaks. I’ve already frozen my hands once, that was enough. Couldn’t feel anything for a couple months. Stupid frost bite…

This is the hanger wire. The phone cable is up now as well, but haven’t taken a picture yet. [attachment file=56037]

Aaah I would totally love to go there and hang out with you guys. Maybe some year :frowning:

Shoot, Joe did I meet you yesterday?! Did I totally space on who you were? Sorry if it was you yesterday was a long day.

I’ll be there today - complete with a part I’d like a comment on ?

Met with Joe and David, both really cool dudes.

We think David’s issue is a printer calibration issue. Was weird, the bearings were tight on one end of the carriage, and really loose on the other.

Joe has his cnc drawing, so it’s moving correctly. His issue is a process issue. He wants to make signs, showed me an example, simple stock vectors on the ends, with some text in the middle. We told him Estlcam should be able to do that no problem. The one thing I’m a little worried about is you need a starting bounding box for estlcam. Something that defines the boundaries of the sign, after than it’s just import vector, and add your text. Does anybody know of a simpler program than inkscape that can draw a measured rectangle and export to dxf?

Openscad is an option for those who like to do drawings like they do software. It can export a DXF, though it is not nearly as straightforward as Inkscape.