Any network folks here?

Probably photoview 360 for solidworks.

1 Like

If I can get my hands on the stl files for these parts I would be more than happy to do blender rendering of them.

*blendering

1 Like

I have used Solidworks visualize, photoview, fusion rendering, and keyshot. While watching that last one render I learned about doing it in blender, watched a ton of videos. The downside is Blender only uses Stl’s if I am not mistaken?

Those other three import the real geometry and materials and textures set by me, which makes it nearly plug and play.

1 Like

Lol :grin:

Gotcha, I’m blender you can assign materials to the stls but I am not sure how you import the materials. You can also import other types. Might be worth some investigation.

1 Like

Blender will take obj as well. That will let you do separate textures and whatnot.

Well I tried again today, everything connected fine…the laptop has some “killer” software on it that kept automatically selecting the faster network. That took a while to sort out and about 20 trips up and down the stairs.
After that I could not get them actually working together. I am done killing time on this but it was fun. I am going to give blender a shot next time to see how it goes. Since I found out this stuff is more than $2k, and the fusion version doesn’t seem to get the best of reviews or the standalone render…I am going to buy a lottery ticket to try and get the current deluxe Solidworks package. If not, blender here I come.

Sneak peak at this one.

2 Likes