Any tutorials beyond docs.v1engineering?

So I’m a little bit lost after completing the documentation on v1engineering. Are there any other tutorials on creating signs and such like in the gallery? In particular, I’d love to be able to work up to something like this

I use Fusion 360 as estlcam appears to be windows only.

Fusion 360 is my primary authoring tool. I find most of my learning materials have been videos…primarily YouTube videos. There is a lot of tutorial on the CAD side, but CAM is slim pickings. And the tutorials you do find will not necessarily be focused on signs. You will have to learn the concepts and then apply them to your sign projects.

• If you are right at the start of your journey, then Evan and Katelyn’s CAM tutorial might be helpful.

• Just recently Kevin Kennedy has started releasing CAM tutorials. I find he is a good instructor, but there is not much CAM material yet.

• Lars Christensen’s YouTube channel has some CAM specific videos that are worth watching.

• One of the best sources for me was Winston Moy’s YouTube channel…especially his earlier videos where he was less sophisticated and Fusion 360 was his primary authoring tool. His videos are more build vlogs, but he often covers the CAM aspects of his projects. And the Shapeoko he uses I consider in the same class with the MPCNC.

• The NY CNC YouTube channel has a lot of CAM related videos using Fusion 360. These tend to be more sophisticated and focused on metal milling, but I’ve picked up a bunch of stuff from watching them.

And after watching all these videos, I still feel like I’m towards the beginning of my CAM learning journey.

2 Likes