Any UK MPCNC owners?

FYI, CNC routers are much more of a fire hazard than 3D printers. I would never leave mine alone with the router on.

I have a couple of different earmuffs and stuff that I can use for protection. Then I have a bag of those orange plugs because I inevitably leave the earmuffs somewhere else. I also have about 5 pairs of glasses and I can only ever find one :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have a set of muffs with bluetooth and mics. Be very careful with camera be in the room fire is a real concern

Thanks Jeffeb3 & Tim W,
I wasnā€™t planning on leaving it alone itā€™s just so noisy and I live on a housing estate. I building a box to test how much I can bring the noise level down. If successful Iā€™ll put a window it it if not the design will be revised.
Iā€™m trying to do 3d carving which seems to take a very long timeā€¦

1 Like

It will also contain the dust

Evening Gents

Well firstly sorry for the delay. its been hell here, I work for the NHS and since The beginning of the year have been dealing with Covid-19. also in the past few years we have had ten deaths in the family and the last was a couple of weeks ago, an aunt. God Bless.

i have been using my MPCNC regularly when i get the time and am almost finished making parts for my new 4m Blanik RC Glider. its so much easier using a CNC.

i have noticed there is a new update to the files. are these worth changing too or should i just keep using the MPCNC as it was built?

any way, stay safe and socially distanced.

regards
Stuart

1 Like

The Burly is a great machine. I donā€™t think you should update unless that sounds interesting to you.

Thank you for the work you do. Stay safe.

Thank you jeffeb3 for your reply and kind words.

i will take your trusted advice and continue with my MPCNC as is.

regards

Stuart

Hey Stuart, hope things are on the up for you. 10 deaths is a lot for a family to bear in a short time. Fortunately we havent had anyone go recently but with covid nothing is certain. My wife gave up her community nurse work when covid began, more because of the nurseries being closed and their being no financial sense in her working as i was still able to work full time from home with no real change bar me gaining back 8hrs of my week back in commuting time. Hopefully when the kids are older and she needs to work again there will be a push to get previously registered and trained nurses like her back into the nhs without having to spend Ā£21k to retrain.

Hi all, I am based in Norfolk, UK and have just started the Primo build after printing out all the parts. Early days but so far so good. Only just joined this forum and its really useful reading everyoneā€™s comments, advice, issues etcā€¦it will come in handy, thank you all.
I aim to contribute in some way as my build continuesā€¦in the meantime here is a pic of it so farā€¦

5 Likes

hi guys im andy in wiltshire . its been a really long time since iv been on here and since i got my board ect from ryan but after all this time i have finally managed to put it all together now and im just on the wiring stage , i have not been able to figure out how to use estl cam on the rambo board so i also downloaded repetier host which works kind of , on repetier hos i can only get the first X Y Z motors workin but not the second ie E0 and E1 does anyone now how to solve this problem or free software that does work on all stepper motors

First question is what firmware do you have on the board?

1 Like

repetier host says its marlin

There are several different releases and configuration versions of Marlin that have been used by V1.

I think if you send a M115 command from Repetiar the name should show what version you have loaded.

can you send me a pic please buddy on where i put the commands in as on the bottom it wont let me type anything in but when i turned it on it came up with N13 M115 S1*82

Once connected you need to go to the ā€œManual Controlā€ tab on the right. You can then type in M115 in the ā€˜G-Codeā€™ box and hit send. The response form the board will be shown in the log at the bottom. You are looking for the FIRMWARE_NAME. as you can see in my screen shot I am using Release 510D.

MARLIN 508 2.0.7.2 then a date

I believe the lack of a D on the end means this is not dual end stop firmware so is configured to run with only a single driver per axis with stepper motors run in series, meaning both X steppers wired to a single X driver. This would explain why you donā€™t get any response form steppers connected to the drivers on E0 and E1.

If you want to drive each motor separately and have the ability to do auto squaring with dual end stops you will need to load a different firmware release. Alternatively, if you are not worried about the auto squaring/dual end stop, you can rewire your setup to connect both X motors to the single X driver and both Y motors to the single Y driver.

1 Like

i ordered the board from this site as it said it was already flashed with the dual end stops etc , if i need to re flash or re install or what ever it is would you be able to help me with that as i have tried that sort of thing before on a laser engraver and i messed it up not knowing what im doing and following youtube on the subject

this is what i ordered

It says its pre-flashed with either Series or Dual End stop firmware. Looks like yours is pre-flashed with series firmware.

The latest releases of Marlin for the MPCNC are listed on this page Marlin Firmware - V1 Engineering Documentation

If you want dual end stops on the Rambo board you want " V1CNC_Rambo_Dual"

This page has instruction on how to flash the board, I canā€™t help here much as I donā€™t personally use a Rambo board so have never flashed one. XLoader - V1 Engineering Documentation

1 Like