Any UK MPCNC owners?

I wasn’t judging you for having them cut, I just was recommending a hack saw over those pipe cutters. Those pipe cutters don’t like me.

1 Like

evening gents.

well not much else done today as I fell asleep,

also as its a Grand Prix weekend I’ll spend lost of it in front of the TV

regards

I wasn’t for one moment think you were, we are all free to speak as we wish.

Morning Gentlemen

The more of this project I constructed the greater the attention to detail shines through. I have constructed the centre gantry a few moments ago and it is a thing of beauty.

[attachment file=64440]

Every part is so beautifully designed, this would make an intriguing table model…

Slight adjustments to a few fasteners and it runs like silk.

One question is, are the no. of items correct, because I have four extra bearings and two extra bolts that I cannot find a place for.

regards

1 Like

That lighting makes it look so dramatic!

Evening Gentlemen

Well a few more parts have arrived recently, some belts and threaded rod,

The weather today here in the east of the UK as been unpleasantly 32’ and because our driveway is surrounded by tall trees and bushes the temperature in the rear garden hit 39’ OUCH!

anyway, between pints of cold fluids and sitting down, I’ve made some progress

[attachment file=“64524”]

ive made the MPCNC bed out of 18mm MDF, the rails are made from laminated MDF, either two or three thick. I decided on MDF as there should be zero warping and used a whole sheet of 1220 X 2440 18mm MDF.

Regards

3 Likes

Damn. Seeing the finish on yours almost makes me want to reprint all of mine. Almost.

1 Like

looking good.

I am just behind you by a few hours,gantry done all printing done including router mounts for a 400w chinese motor.

I am making the 25mm version and have used 53 bearings and 43 m8 nylocs.

I am following your thread posts and really enjoying it.

1 Like

Hi Amilo

Thank you for your kind words. It’s a pleasure doing this for the forum.

i am still attempting to print my Router mount, because of where it will be placed, I need to have suction sorted or I might end up single again ?

In the end I have got a Makita clone with 710watts of power, from research I did, they suggest changing the nose bearing for the Makita one, I have this already and apparently many spare Makita parts are a fit for the one I purchased.

For those interested a Zen 710watt Palm Router £31 off eBay

I can see myself ending up with a CNC spindle but for now, this Palm router will suffice. I have also looked at a focusable Laser…

Im hoping tomorrow is a little cooler, but the forecast is its not playing ball. All I need now is the last five parts and the end push can continue. I’m still needing the controller board.

regards

I am well impressed with how the prints turned out. I put it down as stated earlier to the updates to the XYZ Da Vinci V1.0 Printer, on the right below

[attachment file=64557]

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support

regards

Dont rush in this heat,I have been assembling at night with a fan running.

Its to hot to sleep !!

Hell yes… Today I drank 6 litres in three hours and not one P Please Bob!

the sweat was literally running off me. It is still 21’ here… Uncomfortable.

regards

Sounds like my day. Been pulling network cable in an attic. Was in the mid 90’s all day.?

1 Like

OUCH!

Morning Gentlemen

I have one word to say, WOW! This morning my Control Board arrived from China, free P&P and ordered 11 days ago.

[attachment file=64577]

I think I’d better hurry slightly and get the base installed into the offce

regards

Good Evening Gentlemen

With the temperatures here in the UK being excessive, I spent the day doing some tidying in my office to make space for my MPCNC.

Good progress made on both tidying and the next step.

[attachment file=“64676”]

Ive not locked everything up tight at the moment but doing the angles the measurements are im very pleased to say millimetre perfect.

I have left a 150mm space at one end to mount the electronics. The steppers at present are not installed as the wires sent were incorrect. Ho hum!

You will notice that I have installed supports midway along both X & Y axis.

see picture below

Any advice or comments welcome

regards

1 Like

Evening Gentlemen

its been rather a quite day here today, nothing new from postie. Fortunately it worked in my favour as after I installed the stepper motors, I found that I had installed all but one of the corner pieces wrong. duh! A simple case that most men are afflicted by RTFM (read the F*****g manual)

Luckily I found my error and 30 minutes later is was sorted

[attachment file=64752]

I am hoping the stepper motor wires will arrive tomorrow and then I can solder them together and install them.

I have spent this afternoon Drawing a Controller Enclosure. Have decided to install a 12v fan in the lid and vents around the edges to keep the controller cool with good air flow. As you can see from the picture of my design.

regard

Evening Gents

today was a strange day, temp rose to 38’ and then this afternoon we had thunderstorms and heavy rain. It last 20 minutes and then became very humid.

Only a slight progress today. Having attached the Stepper motors recently and then decided to check everything before starting my nemesis, the wiring. Well with diagram in hand, a bunch of new stepper extension cables next to me, I took the plunge. Not a quick process with my panic testing at every stage, but the X-Axis stepper motors are wired, installed and tested. Yay!

Have placed outer covering and ended this with heatshrink. It’s just before 01:00 and I’ve been on it since 20:00, I must admit, I did it three times as each time I found a neater way. Dam my OCD ?

I am hoping the three remaining parts arrive very soon.

Regards

Evening Gentlemen

Today postie delivered the T8 LeadScrew Nut, very easy install.

[attachment file=64880]

A little silicon Greece as per the instructions and once cut too length. That Job was signed off.

You will notice from the attached pictures, I am still waiting for the M5 /M8 coupler to arrive.

Regards

UPDATE,

Wiring for the X & Y axis has been finished and tested. I still have to extend the Z axis Stepper Motor lead but that should just be a cut and solder exercise.

I enclosed the wires in protective woven covering and personally think it looks neat and tidy.

[attachment file=“64884”]

My conclusion on the wiring is, with alittle time and patience it is nothing to be concerned about. I did all the wiring as stated above with a diagram in hand and simply just followed it.

not forgetting to ignore wire colours but for connections only

regards

1 Like