Anybody printed parts using 0.6 nozzle?

I found several theoretical mentions of 0.6 usage and mixed opinions.

I use 0.6 for 99% of my prints but it does cause issues with sharp corners (insides rounded, outsides bulging).

Has anyone actually printed the parts with a 0.6 nozzle? Are there critical corners that need to be sharp?

I think Ryan is using a bigger nozzle for his prototyping. I’m not sure about the specifics. I have gotten a 0.6mm nozzle that I use for technical prints, since it makes the prints stronger. It’s also nice that it’s faster than the regular 0.4mm. I don’t think there are any corners that need a 0.4 nozzle, but what do I know?? I’m planning to use the 0.6 for my next build, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Ok unless anyone provides convincing insight otherwise I’ll proceed with 0.6.

On second thought if time is not an issue, and if I have 4 printers to set loose on this thing, maybe I’d be silly to go .6 just because I don’t feel like changing nozzles.

We’ll see what happens.

I would prioritize strength in the prints. Bigger nozzle = fewer layers => stronger parts. I don’t know how much of a difference it makes, but in my head it’s a win win in terms of strength and print speed.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me rationalize laziness. 0.6 it is.

1 Like

I use 0.6 for most of my prints. It works great for the Mpcnc.

2 Likes

Just put together together my LR V2 I used a 0.6 nozzle no issues noticed yet

I printed mine in 2 different printers, one on 0.4mm and the other on 0.6mm nozzles and it looks fine to me…although I did NOT mix operating parts…does it make any sense??? I mean I tried to keep whatever axis parts printed on either 0.4 or 0.6 but never mixed…

Àlex

I used 0.8!

I use the 0.6 for everything. Faster print, and stronger. Doesn’t impact the visual too much, so it’s definately thumb up from me. If you print models and figures, I can see why 04 or 025 is a point, but for techincal parts, 06 is my favourite.

2 Likes