Anyone heard of the Gatton CNC?

I’ve been doing research on CNC machines for a while now which is what led me to the lowrider 2.
Another machine popped up in my view called the Gatton CNC. It is another DIY CNC, however you can purchase most of the wooden parts pre-made. Supposedly the wooden parts you can’t buy are simple to build. It is mostly made from wood and like the lowrider 2 you can adjust it’s size to your liking.
I don’t know anything about other parts or electronics.
Has anyone here compared it to the lowrider 2 or have any opinion of it or even heard of it?
Thanks

I watched the series of development videos. I don’t know anything in particular as to its quality, but he really has put a lot of thought into it and it seems to be going well.

It is one of the many self built machine series I watched. I thought his might be doable, but I kept running into the issue that there were too many parts I had to buy or source or was more than I wanted to spend off for a start.

The MPCNC was the one that seemed to require the least amount of tools and lowest investment. the Gatton machine is a bit more robust and can take a bigger spindle. That might be one difference up front.

I’d be very interested in a comparison with the lowrider 2.

2 Likes

Yes, I thought the same about the pricing adding up. He does offer a kit with all main wooden parts cnc cut. They say total cost, between $1200 -$1500.
I just thought the lowrider 2 compared to wooden would be more accurate, but as you said I would like to see a comparison.

1 Like