Archim 1 LCD not lighting up

New out of the box Archim 1.0 from the v1 store. Exp1 to exp1, exp2 to exp2. Plugged it all in and the archim lights up but not the lcd?

Should it light up, or do I need to flash it? I assumed that the board came flashed.

@vicious1 I tried looking at the Build documentation, and it’s not clear to me either. There are clear instructions for RAMBO, but not for Archim boards.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like Archim 1 only requires power to B, but Archim 2 requires power to power block A and B (via a jumper, just like a Rambo).

@mperino I don’t have an Archim board, but someone who does might be able to help you quicker if you included a photo of the back of the LCD board. There are four ways to connect the wires, and turning connectors 180 degrees is a common solution. (disconnect the power first)

1 Like

Archim1/2/rambo are all wired the same. You need power in both ports.

Port 1 is to port 1, 2-2, So from there you only have a 50/50. If you bouhgt a dual archim kit you need to flash it, I just updated the firmware, v1cnc-archim.

The LCD Board is key’d so I assume I plugged that end in correctly.
As noted the Documentation for Archim is (and honestly belts, and Electronics) slim from what I see.
I’ll Power A and B, and I’ll flash it and see if that gets it going…

The cables are often keyed wrong. Not sure the root cause, but they are a universal board, but the keys on different boards are different.

But I still agree with your conclusion. Wire the power right, flash the firmware, then worry about the LCD.

1 Like

El Jeffe wins the prize. They are indeed keyed incorrectly. Wired B & C no change. Flashed marlin-MPCNC_Archim1_T8_16T_LCD no joy either. Flipped the cables so that the red stripe faces towards the power and it is happy.

And picture for anyone who encounters the same situation.

2 Likes

Select his reply as your solution… :slight_smile: Makes it easier to find answers among the (sometimes) off-topic comments.

1 Like