Archim 1a Dual Endstops not squaring up correctly

OK, I really have tried looking all over the place for what’s going on here but I’m really confused.

I’ve got the Archim 1a board and the dual endstops wired up and the dual endstops firmware flashed to the board.

The dual endstops work as long as the endstop switches get hit right at the same time. However, if the XMin gets hit first, both motors stop and it just waits until I press the XMax switch. The same thing happens with the Y axis.

I use cnc.js and if the min switch is pressed first, the console screen just keeps logging “processing”.

Do I have the wrong wire harness or something? Are they supposed to be wired in parallel or series? I believe mine are in parallel as I’ve got two wires going from each endstop back to a spot on the Archim board.

If someone knows what’s going on with my horrible description, that would be great. If I need to get some pics/videos of what’s going on, I can. I don’t have my phone on me right now and it’s kind of difficult with my current internet setup. long story…

Thanks!

Right, so in an effort to try to fix things, I reflashed the firmware which now doesn’t want to make things work more than making the motors make a high-pitched whine when I try to move them.

However, in doing this, I think I figured out that I made a SERIOUS error when wiring things up. I think I spliced together both X motors into the same motor controller and the same with the Y motors. That’s why only one endstop was “working” because the other endstop wasn’t hooked up to an actual motor controller.

I’ve been wanting to clean up the wiring for some time now. I guess that’s my next project.