Archim 2

so i installed all of my wires to the archim2.0 but i dont know which firmware to download from the GitHub page i am trying to run it with duel end-stops and an LCD for the mpcnc

1 Like

I was considering doing this a while back but I didn’t because I didn’t want to deal with incomplete firmware. Gutsy Brett, I assume this is what you’re looking for.

It wasn’t done at the time when I was building.
Chris’s Dual Endstop Archim1 build in Idaho In my build thread he said the trinamic settings weren’t done yet. It might be further from when I asked though.

Ill try it out thanks

Here’s a few links I found when I was looking into it.

It would be amazing to see our MPCNC machines be able to do the stall guard in the second video on that page and raise above the work, relocate and resume.

Keep in mind I decided this was too over my head so I don’t even know if these links will help.

Let us know how it goes. I have downloaded everything for my Archim 2.0 board and got the libraries all set up, but I haven’t flashed the firmware yet. It ain’t broke since I got it from Ryan. The only thing I really needed to do was put my own name on the machine and configure the bed size to reflect my actual 725x725mm build.

I have successfully upgraded my CR10S and got some idea of how it goes. And last night I worked on an ESP32 project, a bluetooth macro keypad. Successful once I figured out that the pin that looked like it was numbered “8” was actually a “0”.

It is a big step in digital literacy, to do firmware.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: “Archim”

In file included from sketch\src\inc/…/pins/pins.h:399:0,

from sketch\src\inc/MarlinConfig.h:32,

from sketch\src\Marlin.h:24,

from sketch\src\Marlin.cpp:31:

sketch\src\inc/…/pins/pins_ARCHIM2.h:42:4: error: #error “Archim2 requires Software SPI. Enable TMC_USE_SW_SPI in Configuration_adv.h.”

#error “Archim2 requires Software SPI. Enable TMC_USE_SW_SPI in Configuration_adv.h.”

^

Multiple libraries were found for “U8glib.h”
Used: C:\Users\brett brustad.000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib
Not used: C:\Users\brett brustad.000\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ultimachine\hardware\sam\1.6.9-d\libraries\U8glib
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Archim.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
this error pops up i got the multiple libraries found error on the other firmware but not this other stuff

Added the following to configuration.h
#define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define E0_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define E1_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130

in configuration_adv.h uncommented(removed the “//”)
#define TMC_USE_SW_SPI

As far as the U8Glib issue, not sure there yet, that’s how I ended up on this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

I got rid of it by going into the librarys and deleting all the things that began with u8glib

1 Like

i also got this error

C:\Users\BRETTB~1.000\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_717735/…\arduino_cache_437328\core\core_ultimachine_sam_archim_2b6f426358121a70c63a150f78b547aa.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main’:

C:\Users\brett brustad.000\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ultimachine\hardware\sam\1.6.9-d\cores\arduino/main.cpp:57: undefined reference to `setup’

C:\Users\brett brustad.000\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ultimachine\hardware\sam\1.6.9-d\cores\arduino/main.cpp:61: undefined reference to `loop’

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

This error means you probably dont have the right files in the right place. Be careful when you unzip the source and be careful when you open it again.

alright so that fixed half of it

In file included from sketch\src\inc/…/pins/pins.h:399:0,

from sketch\src\inc/MarlinConfig.h:32,

from sketch\src\Marlin.h:24,

from sketch\src\Marlin.cpp:31:

sketch\src\inc/…/pins/pins_ARCHIM2.h:42:4: error: #error “Archim2 requires Software SPI. Enable TMC_USE_SW_SPI in Configuration_adv.h.”

#error “Archim2 requires Software SPI. Enable TMC_USE_SW_SPI in Configuration_adv.h.”

^

exit status 1