Archim rambo arduino/shield mpcnc lowrider printer?

As in the title, I have all three boards, currently the mpcnc and lowrider, and I want to put another printer in here, something corexy or hbot. There are a few good threads in the forum here that I need to revisit.
I’ve run grbl on the arduino, and that was pretty easy. My first thought was to use it on the lowrider, seems simple enough. I cut the base for my mpcnc on the lowrider, so it’s super square, but it still seems like that’s a better place for dual endstops.
So, rambo or archim for the mpcnc? My guess is that 32 bit is nicer to have on a printer than the mpcnc, but I really don’t know. Does it even matter?
Thanks.

Still at this point only deltas really take advantage of the 32 bit boards (or require them), but yes if you are going to pt the 32bit on anything the printer is the right place. Sounds like your Robot room is pretty awesome!

It’s starting to get that way.

You saying I need to build a delta? Hmmmm

Nope…not a delta fan. I really want one with a Z bed, not Y. I keep wanting to make one but I really do not have that kind of time to design it, so I need to find a good design to build.

1 Like

Good. They look cool, but they also look more expensive. Plus, I’ve got some other things cooking and I don’t need to jump into that mess yet.
On the other hand, some of these other boards are looking pretty good and I might be able to swap in for the archim at some point if I DO decide I want to build a delta.

1 Like