Atom's MPCNC build

Hello everybody,

I have started my build, I’m printing parts now and just got this:

creality v2.2 board. It has 5 outputs so I’m hoping to be able to use it with duel endstops and save me the $120 needed for the SKR PRO. what do you all think? Will it work? Any special considerations I should know about?

Edit: I forgot to mention that it does have a bootloader already installed… though it appears to be missing a heatsink. Still hard to beat free :slight_smile:

Thanks
-Atom

2 Likes

Some of the creality boards do not have the fifth stepper driver placed on the board. That is the case with yours.

Let me know how this works out because I upgraded my creality CR10s printer and have the old board sitting here. I was thinking about building a mpcnc and using it as the mainboard.

1 Like

Well thats depressing… guess I might get the skr pro anyway then… or another A4988 driver and practice my smd soldering. We shall see… I know I need to find the closes ramps board to it so that I can change the motherboard setting in the firmware… anyone have recommendations on what the closest ramps board would be?

You can easily drive it with serial wiring. It really isn’t a huge problem. Surprisingly, the current to the motors is the same at reasonable speeds.

Some creality boards don’t have a bootloader installed. So you’ll want to try flashing it first before you get too far with this board.

1 Like

So bad news… I have been printing the wrong parts :frowning: apparently I followed an outdated link and ended up with the burly parts rather than primo. @vicious1 next time you get a chance, you should update the links in the “DIY” section of the “Specifications” page on the website to link to the new primo parts list and primo thigiverse page :slight_smile:

Ouch!!!

1 Like

Yeah luckily I was only 1/4 the way done when I noticed… so I only wasted about 1/2 a spool… I’m printing the right (primo) parts now… they are slower but much more sleek!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m super impressed with the new style. I thought the burly was an amazing setup, but the primo is a new league in terms all aspects.

2 Likes

I got the rest of the filament I need for my primo parts… can’t wait to see it turn into a cnc before my eyes

2 Likes

Shoot! Can you paste an actual link? I think the v1 website still has a bunch of pages up, and google goes there, but the breadcrumbs should be pointing to docs.v1engineering.com.

2 Likes

https://docs.v1engineering.com/mpcnc/intro/

down near the bottom in DIY

2 Likes

Yup that one and here in the same section https://www.v1engineering.com/specifications/

2 Likes

Ok. I can make a PR for the docs one. The specifications one is old and we need to make it point to the other one instead of updating it. I don’t know the layout of Ryan’s website, and google will track people to that second page.

1 Like

Its nice to know that someone else won’t suffer the same fate as me… though they are clearly labeled… it was the one thing I didn’t read lol

2 Likes

You have lot of company lots to read and new terms to interpret. Welcome aboard you’ll have a lot of fun here sorry to hear about the miss start :roll_eyes: Thanks for pointing it out and they will get is sorted out

How about an this is the Burley the old design and here is the Promo the new design we have people looking for the old files at times so a link is good

Well if anyone needs burly corners or rollers I will ship them :smiley:

1 Like

The burly docs are in the new docs. Address too. It was a burly version where we converted it.

2 Likes

And you are right there. Every time I have a spare minute I’m finding something new on here that I want to try xD

3 Likes

Same here and it’s been 3 years

3 Likes