ATX MMU Primo Upgrade started

1 part printed, 48 or so to go, but came out nice with a quick MMU update

5 Likes

Fancy, And I love it!

Thanks for all you do. Have had great fun with my burly, currently assembling LR2, and now upgrading the primo

1 Like

Printing in Prusament Galaxy purple and a marble PLA. Almost through all the big pieces. Next up the core. :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

Absolutely love them!

Is that marble filament?

Yes.prints fairly well and looks interesting

https://smile.amazon.com/SUNLU-Marble-Printer-Filament-Printers/dp/B083LG77LK/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=marble+pla&qid=1594429937&sr=8-4

Thanks for the link!
The core would look cool with that filament.

1 day down. 2 to go

7 Likes

Looks great!
Looking at the bed of your printer, what gigantic piece have you been printing that would cover the bed?

I just smeared a ton of magic goo on to hold it down. Rarely cover the whole bed although there is an articulate snake the kids like that winds back and forth to cover the entire bed. Ends up 8 feet long.

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but when I saw that picture I thought, “That looks tasty”. Like its some kinda candy, or a snack cake, or something. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Core completed. Minor defects on one layer near the 1 but generally looks amazing. Now to finish a project on the burly then assemble the primo.

10 Likes

Hmmm… should I order the MMU upgrade and cross my fingers that it arrives in time for the 25mm prints to publish?? This is soo nice!

That looks so good. Definitely worth the extra print time and plastic.

They still have not gotten the transitions to happen in the infill, a tower is still needed? I think that is when I will want to buy one.

1 Like

The color transition can happen in the infill and I did enable that, but it still uses the wipe tower to ensure it is not under/over extruding on the object itself, but it does also print enough structure to ensure it does not support Tower was about 15% of the filament used for this print because of the dense infill.

My infill would have all been the marble, but I enabled that and it choose to to basically alternate colors in the infill. Which you can kind of see in the first picture where it is partially printed.

1 Like

They sure looks good, 2bad the delivery is long at Prusa atm.

The MMUs are not available at the moment, due to the global situation. Understandably, yet frustrating…

Oh Man! I’ve had the page open for several weeks now considering it. Didn’t realize the status had changed.

Replied in the Primo overview thread before I saw the link here.

Looks great! There’s no way I’d trust my MMU to a print that long, I love my MK3s but the MMU I really regret since it’s caused me so many problems. With really high end filament (Prusament, Atomic, Veracity) it’s usually ok…but even with filaments that print great without the MMU but aren’t quite as nice I get all kinds of issues (Hatchbox, inland and such.)

I ordered it with my mk3s on a thanksgiving special and the printer came 3 or 4 months before the MMU and blew me away. I wanted the MMU mostly for doing dissolvable supports - but in the time I had the printer without the MMU I found that either the changes to prusa slicer or something about mk3 was so much better than my older printer that supports now almost always just pulled right off. So I lost interest in the expensive and hard to store dissolvable material. I spent 3 months fighting with the MMU before finally getting it mostly working decently…but still just when I think it’s working well and reliably it will go and foul up and cause me to have to disassemble the extruder to clear it. And even with wipe to infill most of the prints I’ve done with it have had a wipe tower that weighed more than the actual print.

So I mostly just use it as a way to keep 3 filaments loaded up and ready to go for single color prints…or to auto switch spools when one runs out.

That marble filament looks great too! I have a spool of “magic stone” or something from hatchbox that looks like that and really like the look…unfortunately it’s proven to be really brittle so I don’t print functional things it in just decorative toys for my daughter.

Can’t wait to see this build completed!