Aurdino firmware problem

hello the other day i reflashed my RAMBo 1.4 card and my lcd got black
i got the error with dual librarys.

so i started to update the aurdino ide i used the windows install the windows7 or later install
i rolled back and picked a old install of the IDE
these were
arduino-1.9.0-beta-windows
arduino-1.6.13-windows
arduino-1.8.13-window
and the latest windows installer

i downlaoded the
Marlin-1CNC_Rambo_Dual
Marlin-1CNC_Rambo

i folowed the instructions exact step by step.

whn it didnt work i deleted the u8glib from the rambo folder or from the marlin code and from the aurdino data folder in all combinations.

but still i cant recompile it

output message

avr-gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
Multiple libraries were found for “U8glib.h”
Used: C:\Users\Ne_Mesis\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib
Not used: C:\Users\Ne_Mesis\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\rambo\hardware\avr\1.0.1\libraries\U8glib
Using library U8glib at version 1.19.1 in folder: C:\Users\Ne_Mesis\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI
exit status 1
Error compiling for board RAMBo.

That u8glib is a red herring. The real problem is the CreateProcess error. Current Marlin won’t build on windows in arduino, you need to use platformio.

nice thankyou !

ive installed but its not easy understanding how to compile and upload

There are step by step instructions in the docs. But there are a few more ways to go with pio, so it seems like lot of people have different experiences with it. It is very nice software though. Very professional.

1 Like

Jeff helped me the same way. I use Visual Studio Code and PlatforIO. Just follow the instructions to the T and you’ll have success. Good luck, don’t get frustrated it pays off in the end!

can you paste a link to the instructions ?

im having a debug issue.
seems like its a compile debugger issue but i cant change and somone recomended stlink debug but i cant find it… any up to date instructions ?

Reading symbols from c:\Users\mikael\Desktop\v1\Marlin-1CNC_Rambo.pio\build\rambo\firmware.elf…

done.

PlatformIO Unified Debugger -> http://bit.ly/pio-debug

PlatformIO: debug_tool = simavr

PlatformIO: Initializing remote target…

0x00000000 in __vectors ()

warning: Can not parse XML memory map; XML support was disabled at compile time

Temporary breakpoint 1 at 0x1b992: file C:\Users\mikael.platformio\packages\framework-arduino-avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp, line 35.

Loading section .text, size 0x2256a lma 0x0

.pioinit:12: Error in sourced command file:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/learn/platformio/

1 Like

still got errors

2 errors that says
Cannot find “c:\Users\mikael\Desktop\v1\Marlin-1CNC_Rambo\include”.

and one
{
“resource”: “/c:/Users/mikael/Desktop/v1/Marlin-1CNC_Rambo/.pio/libdeps/rambo/LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal_SR1W.h”,
“owner”: “cpp”,
“severity”: 4,
“message”: “multi-line comment [-Wcomment]”,
“startLineNumber”: 168,
“startColumn”: 1,
“endLineNumber”: 168,
“endColumn”: 1
}

Ignore the first one, it’s just a warning that the directory doesn’t exist. I haven’t seen the second one.