Babystepping Z for multitool finishing?

I’m doing a job that requires pocketing the bulk of waste with an 1/8” bit. 1/4” would be ideal but tightness around the lettering prohibits it. To get nice, crisp lines I’m running a separate program that uses a 1/16” bit around the perimeters of the lettering. A touch plate is used to relocate my surface after bit changes.

The problem is that the touch plate is not as precise as I’d like. It can be +/- .5mm which is normally fine but for fine pitch stuff it’s not good enough.

To fix this I go back to 0,0,0, drop the Z a hair, zero it out and retry.

One thing that might make this easier is babystepping. That way it could be controlled on the fly. Has anyone tried this? Can it be enabled in the LR Dual firmware?

Was able to edit the firmware to enable baby stepping and it works just like it does for a 3D printer. This is actually a very useful tool for someone without a touch plate who has separate operations/programs in which one does the majority of rough milling and another does the fine cleanup with a smaller diameter tool. Just use the paper method to get your Z origin close, run the second program, and use baby stepping to get the Z depth perfect.