Bath Toy Tote

I have this project I’ve been meaning to share for a while. It’s a little basket that fits under the stair stepper I made a while ago. The stair stepper and the basket are for the bathroom to help my toddler. The stepper gets used to wash up, and the basket holds the essential bath toys (it’s not a huge bathroom). The tote is designed to drain easily, and to be fastener free. It works ok, but only because the sides are a perfect fit. If they were a little looser, I would have had to install a screw in the top to keep them upright.

Sorry for the bad camera-ing…

The tote is made from s4s pine boards from HD. planed down to fit after CNC work (I made another thread about that a while ago). I think I finished these with just water polycrylic. I can’t exactly remember, but I that’s what it looks like.

Dude all these cool projects for the youngster is going to solidify his make DNA. My Gramps made me a toy box with my name in fancy thumb tacks and pops made everything else. My fav was a super tall bunk bed but the bottom was my clubhouse instead of another bed…freaking awesome. I had no idea furniture could be bought until I was much older. My first serious power tool builds were tiny bike ramps after a brick under some plywood wasn’t daredevil enough. Sorry, for rambling, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

High five!

1 Like

Very nice project, had the same issues with limited bathroom space when mine were all younger, but nowhere near the elegant solution you’ve made.

1 Like

A little update. The boards on the bottom have cupped, despite the thick layer of plastic all around. The toys definitely go in there soaking wet. Since there’s no screws, I took it apart and just flipped the bottom pieces upside down, and now the water drains better thanks to the cupping :). At any rate, I have a good feeling this will last at least until 1 kid is too old for bath toys.

Well done, like it! What CAD program did you use to design this? Thanks

1 Like

Hmmm. I think it was onshape.

2 Likes

Very cool! I hit join in the album by accident i dont know what it does really lol. Do you have the design files you would be willing to share? Thanks!

I will share them tomorrow. I’m AFK.

1 Like

Blam!

1 Like

Hey Jeff, I know there’s a fine line between helping folks look better and just being a grammar nazi… but I think you may want to fix the title of the “Kithen Helper” https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2418953

1 Like

Thanks. I only read the first and last letter of words, and their approximate size.

1 Like