Bed Thermal Runaway

That’s a clever trick

The only issue I see with this trick is that you probably toasted the tip of the soldering iron. The tips are usually coated with a specific material I forgot, torching had probably oxydized it so you’ll probably have to change for a new one because there’s a good chance it won’t solder very well anymore.

I bet you’re right. There was definite copper burning in the flame - that’s what I used as my “must be hot now” indicator. It wasn’t glowing - which I was disappointed by but it worked nonetheless. The MP3DP has been spitting filament out all day long today. Made the last two rail plug ends for the MPCNC rewire job and is now making one of the last of my printed lithophanes - the rest will hopefully be milled.

I was about ready to ask how others had managed to get a decent solder joint on the massive heatsink aka the heater bed.
My iron definitely isn’t up to muster for this job, I was considering putting the bed in a toaster oven to help…

I may give your idea a go first, hmmm where did i put the butane torch:)

I have to say, it worked pretty well and at no point did I feel like what I was doing wasn’t a very good idea (which isn’t always a bad thing…but sometimes it can be). Haha

I will say that I think having the ability to also heat the bed on the other printer was a huge help.

This phrase so perfectly captures the feeling I aim for.

Usually I operate at a different level, where at no point do I feel like a possible failure would be unrecoverable.

I don’t have a notice on the controller. the bed just starts heating up when I turn the machine on. This just started.
Thank You for any help

Yes if any heater is not within a few degrees plus or minus of where it should be it shuts down. I am a gamer and a novice programmer, my first project)