Beeping mini Rambo

I’ve purchased a mini-Rambo control board from Ryan a few years back for the original MPCNC but didn’t build it. I’m upgrading from LR2 to LR3 and flashed the firmware “V1CNC_MiniRambo” version 2.1.1/515 to the mini-Rambo board using platformio. Platformio showed it was a success.

After the board re-booted, the LCD display flips back and forth from screen1 to screen2 and back to screen1 in one second interval and “beeps” at 1 second interval continually.

The mini-Rambo board is powered up with 12V power supply, measured 12.2V. All three fuses checked and they have continuity.

Anyone had this issue before?

Any chance the housing or the knob is pressing on the switch?

The board was removed from the housing and did the same thing after power on.

Did you take the knob off as well? What makes the most sense to me is that Rambo board is sensing a button press from this display. To make that happen:

• Something physically interfering
  • Bad encoder switch
  • Bent pin on one of the connections

If your Mini Rambo board uses a companion board for the display, check the pins and anything that might be shorting.

The original firmware flashed for the MPCNC worked fine, the encoder worked as it should. I used original firmware to move the X, Y2, Z, and E0 (really should be Y1) steppers with no issues. The beeping or clicking happen as soon as the new LR3 firmware was loaded.

Hummm. I know there was a problem with one version of the Mini Rambo firmware due to the laser pin being defined on one of the pins used for the display. Check to make sure this line in configuration_adv.h is commented out:

#define LASER_FEATURE

If not, you will need to comment it out, recompile and reflash.

I’m not sure, but I don’t think the Mini Rambo has an available PWM pin for a laser when a display is installed.

3 Likes

Commented the line out, recompiled and re-flash fixed the problem.
Wow, thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m sorry I did not think of it sooner. Glad it worked out.

Thank you! I just installed the newest firmware on my MiniRambo and had the flashing screen and beeping also. How do we get the files on GIT corrected so this doesn’t happen to someone else?

Ryan (@vicious1), is this something fixed in the daily build? Should it be fixed in the V1 maintained “release” firmware?

2 Likes

Whoa, this is new to me.

I remember something about it but I didn’t think it was an issue.

I’ll make a note, and hopefully make a new release for everything in a few days.

Thanks for tagging me, and sorry for the hassle!

1 Like

I actually can not figure out why the laser is being enabled for the mini in the builder. We don’t have it set for the mini, but the output is clearly doing it.

Whoops I figured it out. The issue is only in the Release version, the currently nighties have already been fixed…time for a new release.

3 Likes