Bernie (South Africa)

Hi guys, I’ve been following the site for months, this is my ZenXY build. It is still just a skeleton, but I am getting there. I’ve used a Bigtreetech SKR V1.1 with Marlin 2.0. I have written a Windows app for creating G-Code designs, available on https://github.com/BernieGroenewald/Beacher. It is rough at the edges and I cannot remember what all the functions do. You can use it freely and enhance as required. All designs can be stored on a SQLite database as individual designs and then combined into a single file for drawing. Thanks for the great design Ryan and all other contributors. It has been an amazing project and lots of fun…

4 Likes

Super cool, another pattern maker!!! I hope I get a chance to try it out soon, looks real good.

1 Like

It’s giving me a couple of difficulties to compile, likely because I haven’t used all the features in Visual Studio often (I’ve got 2019 with current updates).

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error		This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. 
Use NuGet Package Restore to download them.  For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. 
The missing file is ..\packages\System.Data.SQLite.Core.1.0.110.0\build\net46\System.Data.SQLite.Core.targets.	
Beacher	E:\Data\src\Beacher\Beacher.csproj	237

Funny thing is the NuGet package manager says I have everything I need, but I see I have version 1.0.111 of the SQLite engine, not 1.0.110. How do I either back rev the package or update the solution to use the current package instead?

BTW, I had to remove and replace the Project file, it was trying to find it one directory level down (E:\Data\src\Beacher\Beacher\Beacher.csproj instead of E:\Data\src\Beacher\Beacher.csproj in my case).

Never mind, I manually edited the project file and commented out the references to 110 and it compiled. :slight_smile:

Clicking on ImageTraceClicked with nothing selected trows an error because ImageFileName is “”, which is not a legal form of a path. :slight_smile:

This look neat, feel free to use my font rendering if Heffe is OK with that…

1 Like

Hi Bill, sorry for the late reply… There are a number of issues that will need to be resolved, it was intended for my own personal use. First select the bitmap with the file-open icon and then click the lower right icon to do the tracing. This is not my own algorithm, I have just added many pieces of available code from other authors…

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I install this? I downloaded the bleacher.exe file, but I get errors when I run it. Do I need to download a package of files? Is there an installer?

TIA!