Best Covid thing ever

Just feel I had to share my day of Covid isolation. This Lowrider is the best thing for lockdown.

1. designed a drag chain tray with sides to go across the X axis over pre breakfast double shot.
  2. waited for respectable hour
  3. did gcode in Estlcam
  4. cut out of 6mm marine ply
  5. really went well.

Then.
  6. did a quick fusion 360 sketch of a plate to hold a bit of pvc pipe to hold up my bike pump in the back of my van. The bike pump seems to spend the whole time in my way or falling out the door etc. Not anymore.
  7. unpacked the cyclone dust doover I bought off ebay and put it together.

Can’t imagine what else I would have done today as it was pouring with rain.

My advice to everyone, you need one of these things.

Rob

13 Likes

Okay, we(I) need some better shots of that table!

Also like your cyclone mount on top of the vac, cool idea!

1 Like

Well there are more than a few problems with this build.

First up I did it out of MDF. Designed it up on a bit of A4 and gave the cut list to a joinery as they had big long sheets about 3m long? from memory.
Went together pretty well but then the humidity etc got to the ‘water resistant’ MDF. Started to sag.

Put the plywood beam under and that has solved the problem completely. The X axis is accurate to about 1mm now so more than happy.

Been working on the cables and vacuum side now.

If I had one ‘area for improvement’ for the whole thing it would be a sort of follow the bouncing ball guide for newbies.

Not all of us are that “Some Old Guy Coding” bloke off Youtube. It would really help to have a mentor/guide sort of document that had some plans etc in it.

I am totally happy with the whole thing. In fact I am too excited by it really. Got so many things to make.

R

7 Likes

Nice!